• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2007 K1200GT--What do people recommend for enlarging the foot of the kickstand?

brownie0486

Leaving for Alaska in mid July with two others, I see stand feet enlargers but not specifically for the bike in the title.

Anyone know of compatibility with other bikes that might be listed? I'm fairly sure while camping, that little foot is going to sink into the dirt/mud etc at some point.

My idea is to make an aluminum 4x4" plate that I can just throw down. Someone probably has a better idea, or knows a compatibility enlarger I can order.

Thanks in advance

ETA,

Found it, Ilium has them by measurement of the foot on my bike, ordering Monday.

Mods, delete this if you would for me

Thanks

Even with a foot enlarger, I carry a aluminum plate for parking on soft dirt

I think I'm going to pick up one of those aluminum double switch plate covers at home depot and use that as well as the larger kickstand foot I'm ordering tomorrow Lee. Makes sense just to have it along and not need it than to not have something like that and really need it even just once on the trip.

Excellent idea sir, that those switch covers are readily available and inexpensive to boot. Great idea, thanks

Helps to put a parachute cord tether on it with loop to drape on grips… or it will be where you left it at some point :lol
Also helps when you mount bike and can’t reach it :whistle

Back