Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Security Volunteers Needed

  1. #1

    Security Volunteers Needed

    Ladies and Gentleman of the Forums,

    As a brand new committee chair, I have chosen to solicit volunteers here first. Attached is the .pdf document I created as an assignments roster. Several Volunteers have already come forward unsolicited and made their requests for positions, those are the names you'll see already on the roster.

    My three co-chairs are listed as shift leaders this year, Gray Buckley, Gene Whittier, and Mike Bowlin. They are very competent, know the job well, and the fair grounds really well. For those who have pulled security volunteer duties before, you'll notice some significant changes. This year, in Des Moines, the MOA has contracted gate security 24/7 for the rally. We will be conducting 24/7 registration that will accommodate rally goers arriving at all hours of the day or night. With contract gate security provided by the site, this will free up the security team to be more mobile and provide a safety element to the security team. Starting Thursday morning until Saturday evening, we will run three shifts per day, securing the vendor building in the morning and evening and providing roving patrol through out the day. My primary focus is to aid and assist rally goers, provide safety and communication, and of course, security, ensuring no unregistered personnel are roaming the rally grounds. Security volunteers will be issued a golf cart, a road guard vest, a radio, water, a golf cart co-pilot, and a good attitude and genuine desire to help out rally goers.

    If you would like to volunteer, don't try to adjust or modify the .pdf attached. Please contact me with the shift you would like to be placed on, and an alternate shift, in the chance that I have more than one person competing for the same shift. Couples who want to pull a shift together please inform me and I'll do my best to accommodate everyone's needs/desires. If you have no preference for any specific shift, or day, mention that as well. Just let me know what you want, I'll do everything I can to accommodate my volunteers. Contact me via PM on the forums, email, text, or call. As the roster fills up I will update and repost here for review. The last page, is my reserve roster, if you want to be on the reserve list just let me know.

    In addition to your preference don't forget to include your cell number and email address, so I'll be able to contact you before and during the rally.

    Reece Mullins
    Security Chair
    rangerreece@mac.com
    (334) 470-7770
    Attached Files Attached Files
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

  2. #2
    Registered User greenwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    5,025

    Smile

    For those attending Des Moines (especially for 'newbies'), this is an excellent opportunity. Sign up early, so Reece doesn't have sleepless nights!

    I've attended the Iowa State Fair 2 out of the last 3 years. It's an expansive and picturesque chunk of real estate, and needs lots of 'patrols' to make sure all is as it should be.

    Join the Security Team and get to see and enjoy the entire rally grounds and its guests - something those not on golf carts might have trouble doing .............. it's BIG.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF Lead RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter/ATV Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Track

  3. #3
    Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"
    Posts
    547

    Thumbs up I'll second that...

    AND... I'm IN! A "shout out" and Thanks to Reece for handling this subtle but important task.
    Gray B. has undoubtedly paved the way for success because of his previous tireless efforts; yet each Rally Site certainly has its own unique challenges.

    It's how you observe and communicate with our Members/Guests... that's what's important.

    "travel'n" john

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    AND... I'm IN! A "shout out" and Thanks to Reece for handling this subtle but important task.
    Gray B. has undoubtedly paved the way for success because of his previous tireless efforts; yet each Rally Site certainly has its own unique challenges.

    It's how you observe and communicate with our Members/Guests... that's what's important.

    "travel'n" john
    Thanks for volunteering John. You Rock!
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

  5. #5
    X-Troller hexst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Blairsville, GA
    Posts
    290
    In and looking forward to it!
    Knick
    R1200GS
    Vespa ET4

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwald View Post
    For those attending Des Moines (especially for 'newbies'), this is an excellent opportunity. Sign up early, so Reece doesn't have sleepless nights!

    I've attended the Iowa State Fair 2 out of the last 3 years. It's an expansive and picturesque chunk of real estate, and needs lots of 'patrols' to make sure all is as it should be.

    Join the Security Team and get to see and enjoy the entire rally grounds and its guests - something those not on golf carts might have trouble doing .............. it's BIG.
    Thanks Kevin... I could use all the sleep I can get.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

  7. #7
    SURVIVOR akbeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Silver City, Montana
    Posts
    6,734
    I worked Security at Salt Lake. Had a great time and met many wonderful people. I was, however, disappointed that despite numerous requests Recce would not give me a gun.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I worked Security at Salt Lake. Had a great time and met many wonderful people. I was, however, disappointed that despite numerous requests Recce would not give me a gun.
    I gave it to Annie... she seemed to be the level headed one on the team. What? She didnít tell you?
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

  9. #9
    SURVIVOR akbeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Silver City, Montana
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    I gave it to Annie... she seemed to be the level headed one on the team. What? She didn’t tell you?
    Story of my life.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

  10. #10
    skibum69 skibum69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Melbourne
    Posts
    85
    PM sent
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    PM sent
    Got it! Thanks for volunteering Mike. Iíll look at shifts available, accommodate your request and send you a PM with your shift time. As slots fill up Iíll posted an updated PDF with everyoneís slots annotated.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    7
    PM sent

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyp View Post
    PM sent
    Thank you.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

  14. #14
    Seeking the 4TH dimension _RockZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medford,MN
    Posts
    127
    First time a the rally in IA

    Would love to volunteer for security

    DL the pdf but could not view it. Do you have a updated one




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Friend of Bill W. Kiss the Wife.Love the Kids.Live the Day.

    2005 R1200RT
    MOA#147877

  15. #15

    You guys are awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by _RockZ_ View Post
    First time a the rally in IA

    Would love to volunteer for security

    DL the pdf but could not view it. Do you have a updated one




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Email (rangerreece@mac.com) or PM me with your desired time slot, this is what I still have available. (Remember, weíre patrolling in golf carts this year as opposed to standing guard at a gate)

    THURSDAY 1 slot available (15:45-19:00)

    FRIDAY 1 slot (07:45-12:00) 3 slots (11:45-16:00)

    SATURDAY 2 slots (07:45-12:00) 1 slot (11:45-1600) 3 slots (15:45-18:00)

    Reserves is wide open, plenty of room for names.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 02:56 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 12:03 AM
  3. Security Volunteers
    By blkb1rd in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 05:43 PM
  4. Volunteers Needed
    By R1100rtp in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 04:12 AM
  5. Volunteers needed
    By Ol salt in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •