• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Security Volunteers Needed

rangerreece

RangerReece
Ladies and Gentleman of the Forums,

As a brand new committee chair, I have chosen to solicit volunteers here first. Attached is the .pdf document I created as an assignments roster. Several Volunteers have already come forward unsolicited and made their requests for positions, those are the names you'll see already on the roster.

My three co-chairs are listed as shift leaders this year, Gray Buckley, Gene Whittier, and Mike Bowlin. They are very competent, know the job well, and the fair grounds really well. For those who have pulled security volunteer duties before, you'll notice some significant changes. This year, in Des Moines, the MOA has contracted gate security 24/7 for the rally. We will be conducting 24/7 registration that will accommodate rally goers arriving at all hours of the day or night. With contract gate security provided by the site, this will free up the security team to be more mobile and provide a safety element to the security team. Starting Thursday morning until Saturday evening, we will run three shifts per day, securing the vendor building in the morning and evening and providing roving patrol through out the day. My primary focus is to aid and assist rally goers, provide safety and communication, and of course, security, ensuring no unregistered personnel are roaming the rally grounds. Security volunteers will be issued a golf cart, a road guard vest, a radio, water, a golf cart co-pilot, and a good attitude and genuine desire to help out rally goers.

If you would like to volunteer, don't try to adjust or modify the .pdf attached. Please contact me with the shift you would like to be placed on, and an alternate shift, in the chance that I have more than one person competing for the same shift. Couples who want to pull a shift together please inform me and I'll do my best to accommodate everyone's needs/desires. If you have no preference for any specific shift, or day, mention that as well. Just let me know what you want, I'll do everything I can to accommodate my volunteers. Contact me via PM on the forums, email, text, or call. As the roster fills up I will update and repost here for review. The last page, is my reserve roster, if you want to be on the reserve list just let me know.

In addition to your preference don't forget to include your cell number and email address, so I'll be able to contact you before and during the rally.

Reece Mullins
Security Chair
rangerreece@mac.com
(334) 470-7770

Attachments

• Security Sign in Roster 2018 Assignments .pdf
    432.3 KB · Views: 78
For those attending Des Moines (especially for 'newbies'), this is an excellent opportunity. Sign up early, so Reece doesn't have sleepless nights!

I've attended the Iowa State Fair 2 out of the last 3 years. It's an expansive and picturesque chunk of real estate, and needs lots of 'patrols' to make sure all is as it should be.

Join the Security Team and get to see and enjoy the entire rally grounds and its guests - something those not on golf carts might have trouble doing .............. it's BIG. :thumb

I'll second that...

AND... I'm IN! A "shout out" and Thanks to Reece for handling this subtle but important task.
Gray B. has undoubtedly paved the way for success because of his previous tireless efforts; yet each Rally Site certainly has its own unique challenges.

It's how you observe and communicate with our Members/Guests... that's what's important.

"travel'n" john

AND... I'm IN! A "shout out" and Thanks to Reece for handling this subtle but important task.
Gray B. has undoubtedly paved the way for success because of his previous tireless efforts; yet each Rally Site certainly has its own unique challenges.

It's how you observe and communicate with our Members/Guests... that's what's important.

"travel'n" john

Thanks for volunteering John. You Rock!

For those attending Des Moines (especially for 'newbies'), this is an excellent opportunity. Sign up early, so Reece doesn't have sleepless nights!

I've attended the Iowa State Fair 2 out of the last 3 years. It's an expansive and picturesque chunk of real estate, and needs lots of 'patrols' to make sure all is as it should be.

Join the Security Team and get to see and enjoy the entire rally grounds and its guests - something those not on golf carts might have trouble doing .............. it's BIG. :thumb

Thanks Kevin... I could use all the sleep I can get. :)

I worked Security at Salt Lake. Had a great time and met many wonderful people. I was, however, disappointed that despite numerous requests Recce would not give me a gun.

I worked Security at Salt Lake. Had a great time and met many wonderful people. I was, however, disappointed that despite numerous requests Recce would not give me a gun.

I gave it to Annie... she seemed to be the level headed one on the team. What? She didn’t tell you?

First time a the rally in IA

Would love to volunteer for security

DL the pdf but could not view it. Do you have a updated one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are awesome.

First time a the rally in IA

Would love to volunteer for security

DL the pdf but could not view it. Do you have a updated one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Email (rangerreece@mac.com) or PM me with your desired time slot, this is what I still have available. (Remember, we’re patrolling in golf carts this year as opposed to standing guard at a gate)

THURSDAY 1 slot available (15:45-19:00)

FRIDAY 1 slot (07:45-12:00) 3 slots (11:45-16:00)

SATURDAY 2 slots (07:45-12:00) 1 slot (11:45-1600) 3 slots (15:45-18:00)

Reserves is wide open, plenty of room for names.

Back