• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Replacement battery for '10 K13GT

indyst

Need to replace battery on '10 K13GT that I purchased in January. Optimate giving unsatisfactory indications. PO owned from '12 to Jan. 2018 with no replacement... time to replace. Any recommendations, installation tips? Is there a specific procedure to initiate electrics after replacement?

Thanks in advance,

IndyST

1st choice would be MotoBatt, 2nd choice Odyssey (PC680 IIRC).

The MotoBatt is more $$ but has higher CCA, and the additional terminal connections can be handy.

Best,
DG

Changed mine about six months ago. I opted to a lithium battery that can handle standard battery chargers. Bought it from my local BMW dealer. It was about 1/2 the weight (or less) than a lead acid battery, so that's less weight to make it top heavier, IMO.

6 months later (all through winter) no problems what so ever.

Definitely need new battery. I’ve used PC680 in my ‘07 and they have been flawless for many thousands of miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trouble Starting 09 K1300GT

Anyone having trouble with an intermittent fault, bike acts as if the battery is dead? 10 minutes later everything is fine. Battery tests out fine 12.8V.

Anyone having trouble with an intermittent fault, bike acts as if the battery is dead? 10 minutes later everything is fine. Battery tests out fine 12.8V.

I had those symptoms when my battery was going tango uniform. 12.8 is not a full charge on an AGM battery, so have you had the battery load tested? Also, you could check on the battery cable upgrade that was issued in response to hot start issues— IIRC there is an SI on that but I don’t have it handy so can’t say for sure the years and models covered.

Best,
DG

Sounds like the ground might be loose. Make sure the frame is properly grounded, IMO.

Good luck!

Back