• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2007K1200gt question on tank bags

brownie0486

I'm heading on a long trip with a few other members this July which will require me to have more storage available with easy access. I don't like tank bags, but I guess it's going to be necessary for the often quick access of certain items.

Looking for recommendations from members on best bags, mounts etc based on others experiences. I don't want to guess what I need and will take the advice of members who know first hand what's going to be my best options.

Thanks in advance.

ETA, this means I won't be making Des Moines but heading in the opposite direction at nearly the same time I'd have left for the midwest.

If you like to use paper maps the BMW K1200/1300GT bag has a nice size map window.

I use one from SW-Mototech (Bag Connections). It uses the quick disconnect and also has the attachment for holding maps on top of the bag.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 67
has the attachment for holding maps on top of the bag.

I also use a Bag Connection tank bag on my R1200RS and use the optional map holder.
I'm guessing your tank bag model is the City bag, is that correct?

Thanks Lee, best place to secure on online for the least amount of money?
I have one for a BMW K12/13GT that I'm not using anymore. The part number is for a K1200GT, but the mounts that were sent are a little strange.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 64
I use one from SW-Mototech (Bag Connections). It uses the quick disconnect and also has the attachment for holding maps on top of the bag.

These tank bags are, in my opinion, the best one can get. High quality, a variety of sizes and the mounting mechanism is flawless. No straps, no muss, no fuss.

Is there a model number for that specific bag for my specific bike. I hate to order the wrong bag and mess with trying to get something to work that wasn't specific to my bike. I checked their site, doesn't list a K1200 but a 1300 09-12 I think. Is that the evo bag? Think it will work on my tank?

Lee, thanks

Is there a model number for that specific bag for my specific bike. I hate to order the wrong bag and mess with trying to get something to work that wasn't specific to my bike. I checked their site, doesn't list a K1200 but a 1300 09-12 I think. Is that the evo bag? Think it will work on my tank? Lee, thanks
This is the bag - Evo.
A buddy of mine has the Evo GS bag on his K1200GT and it fits pretty good.

Lee, hate to be a PITA, can you give me a link to where I can order that exact bag? I like the tie down better than the ring mounts myself unless someone has a reason why the tank ring is a better set up etc.

Part # is 77 45 8 527 537 List price is $376.
Any BMW dealer can order it for you. If you do not have a dealer close by, you can check with MAX BMW. https://www.maxbmw.com/

Back