• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fuel Filter Replacement 1998 K1200RS

goneregret

Hello. I need a replacement fuel filter for my 1998 K1200RS. Can anyone give me a recommendation? I don't want to pay the premium price for the BMW branded filter. I also need to figure out where to get those short submersible fuel lines that go inside there.

Thanks for your help!

Beemerboneyard. Both filter and lines.

Additional 10% off to MOA members.

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
fuel filter

Yes the NAPA fuel filter works great! I ride at least 15,000 miles per year. And the filter is down the street. I think its around $5

Yes the NAPA fuel filter works great! I ride at least 15,000 miles per year. And the filter is down the street. I think its around $5

With the increased price of steel, you may find it to be a few dollars more than in the past, not a lot more but in Canada it went from under $6 to about $8.00 or $9.00; still less expensive than BMW fuel filter. :thumb

I'm having trouble finding submersible fuel hose. Only one local shop has it and it's the clear polyurethane. Will that work? Is there a place to find hose like the original? Beemer Boneyard has a flexible hose kit that looks like bendy straws (accordion rings) for $13. Does anyone have experience with that kit?

I found the Napa gold 3032 filter locally for $6.

Thanks again for the help!

The bendy straw is the way that everything is moving. BMW uses it in their newer models. The submersible rubber hose can be bought from BMW (your parts guy has to know what he's looking for) or from an auto parts store (sold as SAE30R10).

Okay, I'll buy the bendy hose from Beemer boneyard. I already have the Napa gold fuel filter. Is there anything else I should replace while I'm in there? Someone said I should replace the gasket that seals the tank shut. Someone else said I should replace the fuel pump. Are there affordable sources for those parts?

Back