• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Iowa Bucket List

Couple more for the list:

Snake Alley in Burlington, its a tossup which is more crooked, Snake Alley or Muholland drive in S.F. If you check it out, stop for lunch or a snack the Ivy bake shop and cafe.

Do you mean Mulholland Drive in Los Angeles. The crooked street in San Francisco is the east end of Lombard Street. Mulholland is a winding mountain road in the middle of a Los Angeles. Lombard is a steep city street with 8 switchbacks in one block.

Edit: Snake Alley and Lombard Street look pretty similar according to Google Street View. I use to live in San Francisco and have seen Lombard in person. Never been to Burlington, Iowa.

i bow to your superior knowledge of LA and SF. I think i was going on what I thought I read somewhere. LOL

I have been to snake ally, i have not been to either Lombard or Mulholland. to be honest. when I posted mulholland, it didn't sound right, but that never stopped me from posting before.

I stand by my recommendation of the bakery...

Dale

I'm going to my childhood dream store, SIG Manufacturing, in Montezuma. The bakery's in Pella are on the list for breakfast Friday, I think I will try one of ...... well everything.

I'm going to my childhood dream store, SIG Manufacturing, in Montezuma. The bakery's in Pella are on the list for breakfast Friday, I think I will try one of ...... well everything.

Haven’t heard Sig in years. Are they still in business. I assume you mean model aircraft. That was the first thing that came to mind.

Haven’t heard Sig in years. Are they still in business. I assume you mean model aircraft. That was the first thing that came to mind.

That's them, the original owners sold the company several, ten or so years ago and I believe the business was resold since, but I've been told they are still in business and the current owners are dedicated to the hobby, website is active, with posted store hours, so we will see.

I dabbled in RC aircraft years ago and into my early 20's, I began a career on the road so most of my hobbies were given up, but I still remember as a kid walking through the hobby store looking at all the different planes they offered, and wishing a paper route paid better. The SIG line of models was pretty popular with builders up in my area, the Piper J-3 Cub was a thing of beauty to watch fly.

That's them, the original owners sold the company several, ten or so years ago and I believe the business was resold since, but I've been told they are still in business and the current owners are dedicated to the hobby, website is active, with posted store hours, so we will see.

A long time ago we went through Montezuma after the Iowa Rally and they were having a fly-in.

Looks like the 2018 fly-in is this next weekend, June 8, 9 and 10.

National MC Musemun

The National MC Museimun is in Anamoas, IA 52205

It is about 140 mile north of the rally.

Enjoy the rally and ride going to and from the rally.

George
aka MTHELMET

Amana Colonies (100 mi. E of Des Moines, just N of I-80) - Handmade furniture, art stores, antiques and quaint restaurants, within 7 small German 'villages.'

Here's a few Amana pictures. We usually take hwy 6 from Newton to Amana.
This weekend we had a short detour west of Grinnell because of bridge construction.

20180609_152952.jpg

20180609_153124.jpg

20180609_153900.jpg

Back