Thread: Gremlins in my dash

Gremlins in my dash

This last weekend several interesting issues popped up on my 14 RT.

1) The starter switch sometimes needs to be pushed 3/4+ times for the starter to engage, thinking the starter switch is bad?

2) My programmed display: temp, mileage etc frequently defaults back to a mileage reading after a key cycle from my choice of temp. The center display defaults from speedometer to "RT"

3) My windshield no longer reacts to the key being turned on or off. The manual button still operates the windshield.

Gonna try to get it into the shop in the next week, but I thought maybe someone has an idea for me to check prior, or possibly a reset method to bring it all back!

Welcome to the forum! Since you have a specific bike question, members with that bike might be able to help. After a bit, one of the moderators will move your question to the Wethead forum area for better eyes on your question.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Since you have a specific bike question, members with that bike might be able to help. After a bit, one of the moderators will move your question to the Wethead forum area for better eyes on your question.
    OK, thanks. As this wasn't a motor issue I wasn't sure which forum area would be best.

Those seemingly unrelated electrical issues indicate to me it is probably an issue of a bad ground.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Had almost identical issues with 06 K1200LT last month. Replaced the battery and all was good.

Quote Originally Posted by mmanleyx6 View Post
    Had almost identical issues with 06 K1200LT last month. Replaced the battery and all was good.
    Interesting, I was wondering if a weak battery could cause these issues. I think the battery's original, so worth a shot before it goes to the shop, thanks.