• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Gremlins in my dash

priceranch

This last weekend several interesting issues popped up on my 14 RT.

1) The starter switch sometimes needs to be pushed 3/4+ times for the starter to engage, thinking the starter switch is bad?

2) My programmed display: temp, mileage etc frequently defaults back to a mileage reading after a key cycle from my choice of temp. The center display defaults from speedometer to "RT"

3) My windshield no longer reacts to the key being turned on or off. The manual button still operates the windshield.

Gonna try to get it into the shop in the next week, but I thought maybe someone has an idea for me to check prior, or possibly a reset method to bring it all back!

Welcome to the forum! Since you have a specific bike question, members with that bike might be able to help. After a bit, one of the moderators will move your question to the Wethead forum area for better eyes on your question. :wave

Welcome to the forum! Since you have a specific bike question, members with that bike might be able to help. After a bit, one of the moderators will move your question to the Wethead forum area for better eyes on your question. :wave

OK, thanks. As this wasn't a motor issue I wasn't sure which forum area would be best.

Those seemingly unrelated electrical issues indicate to me it is probably an issue of a bad ground.

Had almost identical issues with 06 K1200LT last month. Replaced the battery and all was good.

Interesting, I was wondering if a weak battery could cause these issues. I think the battery's original, so worth a shot before it goes to the shop, thanks.

Back