• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Natchez Trace Parkway

-Random comment
I've been reading this thread with some amusement and nostalgia. I actually grew up outside Tupelo, MS, and lived about 1/2 mile from "the Trace". At that time, mid 50's to early 60's, the Trace was still gravel, and my buddies and I used to go ride our balloon tire bicycles along the roadway. On my bucket list is a trip back with a proper vehicle to ride the whole length - just for old times' sake.
-W7lej1

One vote for a "state of mind".

Charlie

French Camp looks like the perfect place for lunch. Any particular establishment come to mind?

The Council Café at French Camp is GOOD. It is within sight of the Trace, so not off your route at all. Also, if you don't want to go to Mt. Woodall, Jeff Busby State Park (mile marker 193.1) is pretty and at the top of Little Mountain Trail it is 603 ft. with a pretty view. If the campground host is there (his name is Ian), stop & chat with him if you have time. He is a wonderful, intelligent man. :)

French Camp looks like the perfect place for lunch. Any particular establishment come to mind?

The Council Café at French Camp is GOOD. It is within sight of the Trace, so not off your route at all. Also, if you don't want to go to Mt. Woodall, Jeff Busby State Park (mile marker 193.1) is pretty and at the top of Little Mountain Trail it is 603 ft. with a pretty view. If the campground host is there (his name is Ian), stop & chat with him if you have time. He is a wonderful, intelligent man. :)

The Council Café at French Camp & Jeff Busby State Park -- thanks for tickling my fading memory, Gail. Those are the names I botched in my post above. Council Café IS good! And it is the only place to eat in sight of the Trace!

Thanks Gail. That was the one we were looking at visiting.

Back