• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bridgestone Battlax T31?

FD59

I am about to replace the tires on my 97 RT. I have been running Pirelli Angel GTs for the past several years and like them a lot, and I will probably be getting another set. The 18" rear limits our selection of new tires and I was just wandering if anyone has had a chance to try out the new Battlax T31s and what they thought of them.

I've not tried the T31 but have I'm running the T30 on my Ducati ST3s and like them a lot.

Difficult to give a proper comparison vs other tires as I've got different tires on every bike, but from what I have now or have had within the past 3-4 years I've got/had Michelin PR-3 and PR-4, Metzeler Roadtec Z8 and 01 plus the Avon Roadrider on one of my Nortons.

Of the lot, the Ducati ST3s with the T30 is definitely the most planted, but it is also the most highly tuned for corner carving, so I can't say how much of the feel is the bike and how much is the tire, but I can say that the tire is very good.

Tires

Have not tried T30 or T31 but have ran at least 3 sets of the battleaxe 023 have not had any problems with them at least 10,000 miles on all of the sets some front tire cupping but have lots of miles on front shock and age ( schock oem) bike: 1994 R1100RS.
Got realy good prices on all of the sets usually for the price of Michelin pilot road 3 or 4 could get a set of 023's and save enough to buy another front tire

fwiw, I've yet to find a set of Battlaxs that I have not been ecstatic about taking off and replacing with Pirellis or Michies.

just sayin'.

I ran Battleaxs (023) on my '97 RT for the past three years with no problems. I generally switch off between Battleax, Michelin Pilot Roads, or Metzler Roadtec, depending on what's on sale.

Tires

I ran Battleaxs (023) on my '97 RT for the past three years with no problems. I generally switch off between Battleax, Michelin Pilot Roads, or Metzler Roadtec, depending on what's on sale.

Do the same, have Metzeler Roadtec on now. Do some price shopping and compare all the cost, I have not found a lot of difference in the brands I have tried but I am not riding at the edge of performance.

Well...
If I wasn't going on such a long trip I might have been willing to try something new, but I ended up just ordering another set a the Angel GTs - They are a known entity for me. If everything goes according to plan, my next trip will be approaching 5,000 miles and I don't want to be changing tires during the trip.

The Battlax name has been used on a lot of Bridgestone tires. The T30 and T31 models are dual compound tires. I have a set of T30 in the garage, waiting for my Pilot Road 3 tires to wear out.

Back