Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Update on Matt Parkhouse

Update on Matt Parkhouse

I've received a couple of PMs with info about a an accident he had near Selig, AZ. Here's the first PM info from the Airheads Beemer Club airlist:

Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 13:49:11 +0000
    To: Airheads
    Subject: Matt Parkhouse in accident
    Message-ID:
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed

FYI ... This came through on another email list.
    I thought fellow Airheads might want to know:

Anyone out there in NW Arizona who can give BMW Tech extraordinaire Matt
    Parkhouse a hand? He's been in a bike accident near Seligman and is in the
    hospital in Kingman. His bike is stored in Seligman and they need someone
    who can pick it up and store it until Susannah Parkhouse can work things
    out. Don't have contact info, but any help would be appreciated.

ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE - DO NOT RESPOND FOR HELP - INFORMATION ONLY !
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

And here's the update to that through a Minnesota contact:

Subject: [BMWMOCM_Clublist...] Matt Parkhouse was in an accident
    Date: April 19, 2018 at 10:50:27 AM CDT
    To: BMW Club , Minnesota Airheads

Im sharing what information I have from facebook via Susanna Parkhouse posts, Monday afternoon Matthew got blown into guardrail late yesterday afternoon between Kingman and Flagstaff, AZ. Hes in hospital in Kingman, very banged up.

Two Airheads, local to the area, went and picked up the bike.
    Then Susanna posted this: Matthew has four broken ribs, a hemotoma, bruises and abrasions all over and a world of pain.

Susanna, again. Details of accident.

Matthew was riding down I-40 east, headed for home. The wind blew him into a concrete highway divider on the side of the road. He slid along that as he tried to slow down. He then hit about fifty feet of open space. At the end of that was a guardrail. He hit the soft (soft being subject to interpretation) end piece. The bike flipped and Matthew was sent hurtling thirty feet through the air to land Face down. He broke four ribs, has a large hemotoma on his upper, inner leg, multiple bruises and adhesions from head to toe. He is in major pain. Our home address is 1129 West Pikes Peak Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904. The bike is being taken care of. Hope to have him home in a couple of days. Then an EMT friend will take over for a little. Just glad hes alive. Susanna

1 hour ago : Matthew is coming along. They had to put tube in his chest to drain some fluid. Hes in a lot of pain. Hospital taking good care of him. As for Strider, has been picked up and safely stored in a garage in Kingman. Im told the wheel was destroyed, forks are probably bent. Back of bike looks good. Wont be touched for awhile, obviously. Thank you all, sincerely, for your good wishes.

Again their home address is 1129 West Pikes Peak Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
    As many of you know Matt is a great guy that will get out of his tent where he is taking a nap and fix your bike. If youre the praying type he can use some of those. Send a get well card and if you feel so inclined took a few dollars in it to help with repairing his bike or whatever.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I am about 4 hrs away from Kingman and willing to help if anything is needed. Matt has helped so many, I hope we all can pitch in and help Matt for once.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

God bless YOU Matthew.........Can anyone out there help set up one of those pay/collection things on the internet that one can donate to......I forget the name of it but you understand. PLEASE.....It will be so easy then for folks just to slip in there and put a love offering for Matthew/Matt......The Angels were with him to keep him alive so now let some of our angels help Matt out.......He is so special for all of us.....Let's show him....

I have information that a GoFundMe page is being set up. I'll update this when I get information.

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I have information that a GoFundMe page is being set up. I'll update this when I get information.
    Awesome!
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

I hope Matt heals quickly, their bikes will be waiting for them in Europe.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

Oh dear. Get well, soon, Matt
    Rinty

Any update on Matt or on the GoFundMe site?
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Not that I've seen...just checked recent ABC emails. It seems that some have been sending money directly to Matt and Susanna via paypal.

Please do what you can to help Matt by making a donation via Paypal to: HOBOMATT@AOL.COM
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Matt Parhouse

What horrible luck !!! While I have never met Matt, the words from his column told me he was a caring sharing kind of guy. Matt Parkouse' s column is the first thing I turn to in the MOA magazine - he does a great job inspiring us to keep old airheads on the road

I have been very conscious of the dangers of a cross wind since the son of a friend of mine, a champion cyclist and multi- winner of the Empire State Building stair climb, was caught by a cross wind in New Zealand in a cycle race and crashed heavily. The good news, if it can be called that, is that while wheelchair bound, he quickly got on with life, lives in Italy with a wonderful family and drives an Italian sports car.

Where I live in Australia, where the winds on the tableland have been known to push me and my overloaded 05 RT across lanes if caught unawares.

Please get well Matt. We need you and your rambling stories about airheads to maintain our enthusiasm. You are much appreciated

DabDab
    Canberra
    Australia

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    The attempt to set up a "go fund me" site ran into some difficulties I had no idea about when I first suggested establishing such a site. As I have admitted many times, I am basically a computer idiot. No one with the proper skills has stepped up to the plate, however a number of people have suggested using PayPal instead. Apparently this seems to work, although it should come as no surprise that I don't do PayPal and also have no idea how that works. I'll just send cash to Matt and Susanna.

Despite my severe computer skills limitations Matt can still use the prayers and financial support from all of us in the manner in which he has so freely supported the Airhead community.

Get well soon Matt.

Michael Friedle
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Airheads Beemer Club Board of Directors
    Ride fast safely

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    Despite my severe computer skills limitations Matt can still use the prayers and financial support from all of us in the manner in which he has so freely supported the Airhead community.

Get well soon Matt.
    It really is hard to overstate the degree to which Matt supports the Airheads and the MOA.

Ian

(money send, Sprinter at the ready should it be needed to transport anything Matt and Susanna needs.)

Michael - I put a post up in our FB group... and Susanna is posting in the Airheads group.

Ian