Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 1 day visitors pass....Required?

  1. #1

    1 day visitors pass....Required?

    I saw that a one day visit pass is $35. Does that mean that my brother who lives in the area can't just come and see me? I'll greet him at the gate and be with him all of the time. Seems only fair.

  2. #2
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    18,900
    Welcome to the forum! The way I understand it, all people inside the gates must have a pass. For people who only have time for one day, then Saturday is that day. If someone wants to visit on Thursday or Friday, it would appear they have to pay full price.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  3. #3
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    12,494
    Quote Originally Posted by boehmedk View Post
    I saw that a one day visit pass is $35. Does that mean that my brother who lives in the area can't just come and see me? I'll greet him at the gate and be with him all of the time. Seems only fair.
    Welcome to the forum!
    A charge for a one day visitors pass is very common. Large events need large support from the food vendors to the porta-potties. Most of the infrastructure (tents, shuttles, etc) needs to be rented for a set time (amount of days) so both the attendees and 1-day visitors may have as good an experience as possible.
    This question comes up every year......If you don't mind, I'll change the title to your thread to "1 day visitor passes" so that others with the same question can be helped.
    You and your brother have a great time.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  4. #4
    Anyone who is inside the rally gates will be required to have a pass. If your brother, sister, friend, etc..wants to come to the rally, they will have to have a day pass to get in and see everything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    1987 K75T

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,481
    All of the rally volunteers, including the Rally Chairs (who spend hundreds of hours planning the event) pay the rally gate fee. No one gets a free pass.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw)

  6. #6

    visits

    Quote Originally Posted by boehmedk View Post
    I saw that a one day visit pass is $35. Does that mean that my brother who lives in the area can't just come and see me? I'll greet him at the gate and be with him all of the time. Seems only fair.
    This isn't my first Rally. I've been going to them for a few years. In Minnesota I had a local friend come visit and he just walked in. I have no problem with the day pass. I love the rallies!

  7. #7

    visits

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    A charge for a one day visitors pass is very common. Large events need large support from the food vendors to the porta-potties. Most of the infrastructure (tents, shuttles, etc) needs to be rented for a set time (amount of days) so both the attendees and 1-day visitors may have as good an experience as possible.
    This question comes up every year......If you don't mind, I'll change the title to your thread to "1 day visitor passes" so that others with the same question can be helped.
    You and your brother have a great time.
    Gary
    "Thanks!"

  8. #8
    You also need to know that at the Beer Garden, by Saturday, no one is allowed to buy a beer who has not registered. e.g. you must have a bracelet on.

    just a quick FYI

    MAD DOG
    2018 Des Moines BG Chair

  9. #9
    TravelsWithBarley.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Craftsbury, Vermont
    Posts
    1,438
    I appreciate that the rallies are not open to anyone wanting to walk through and check things out. When I'm camping on my way to or from a rally I hesitate to leave anything in my tent while I'm hiking. I've never been hit but have known campers that lost expensive sleeping bags and even their tents while they were out on a day hike. At the rally, I haven't a worry in the world.
    '12 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Tulliver and Glenlivet

    http://travelswithbarley.com/

  10. #10
    '99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I appreciate that the rallies are not open to anyone wanting to walk through and check things out. When I'm camping on my way to or from a rally I hesitate to leave anything in my tent while I'm hiking. I've never been hit but have known campers that lost expensive sleeping bags and even their tents while they were out on a day hike. At the rally, I haven't a worry in the world.

    The only National I recall with gear gone missing actually occurred in your home state. Some one was spotted looking inside numerous tents, Rally chair was notified, snooper was identified, local LEOs detained the suspect (go Green and Gold), and all goods were returned to their rightful owners. Very low key and very effective. The Rally is one big Neighborhood Watch.

    Friedle
    Ride fast safely

  11. #11
    TravelsWithBarley.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Craftsbury, Vermont
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    The only National I recall with gear gone missing actually occurred in your home state. Some one was spotted looking inside numerous tents, Rally chair was notified, snooper was identified, local LEOs detained the suspect (go Green and Gold), and all goods were returned to their rightful owners. Very low key and very effective. The Rally is one big Neighborhood Watch.

    Friedle
    I'm sure that person was from Massachusetts!
    '12 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Tulliver and Glenlivet

    http://travelswithbarley.com/

  12. #12
    Registered User R1100rtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by boehmedk View Post
    This isn't my first Rally. I've been going to them for a few years. In Minnesota I had a local friend come visit and he just walked in. I have no problem with the day pass. I love the rallies!
    He accidentally “lucked” out😜. In Minnesota we tried for day passes (historically there had been none). We ran out of time to get it passed. 😖. IIRC Billings was the first National to have a Saturday day pass.

    If someone got in free in MN it was through a lapse in Fairgrounds Gate security. Hope he enjoyed it👍
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...
    Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Friend of the Marque Past Dir. BMW MOA Foundation
    '07 R1200GS, '15 F700GS, '12 WeeStrom-Adv., '88 K75C
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair MOA #27994, RA #13106 #IBA#94

Similar Threads

  1. Insurance for overseas visitors...help
    By britabroad in forum Campfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2017, 05:58 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 04:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •