• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This isn't another seat thread.. OK it is

blkb1rd

Greetings,
I've had nothing but RT's since 93 and have had Reynolds, Sargent, and a guy who said his was the best (and worked for the rest) (and yes it was amazing). this 16 is my fourth and yes the seat hurts. So to those of You who had changed Your seats. Here's the question.
Does Your after market seat still give You the feel that the stock seat gives as FAR as a feeling of a more racy,(edgy) positioning, I feel the stock seat gives on this RT vs my 06. Not to say my stock seat puts me in a bad positions. I just feel am a bit more aggressive place on the water head. (hoping this makes sense).. riding the 16 I feel like am riding in a English/jockey saddle vs the 06 feeling of a western saddle. ( yes this does sound like rambling) .. SO thanks in advance and I so wish Your thoughts.

Tom Casey
75/6 Ole yeller
16 R12RT (new to me and not yet titled though the wife thinks Papa Smurf works)

I went for a Russel, it a great seat, I can easily ride 600 miles without any butt hurt. But it changes the entire riding position. I'm 6 feet, 33-34 inseam I like the high position for my knees but I feel perched on top of the bike. I've changed it to the low position and feel more in the bike. It's a much better feel when riding anything technical. Not sure this helps you butt I'd buy the Russel again.

Jay

Last edited:
My 2016 RT is my first BMW. I spent 30 years on Harley's, Honda and Suzuki before that. The stock RT seat wasn't terrible for me, although the passenger seat was terrible for my wife. She was thin, and slid around a lot back there. (She passed away suddenly last month) We got the Russell seat, and never regretted it at all. Better for me, and was much better for her. The reach to the ground seems about the same for me. Hope this helps.

My 2016 RT is my first BMW. I spent 30 years on Harley's, Honda and Suzuki before that. The stock RT seat wasn't terrible for me, although the passenger seat was terrible for my wife. She was thin, and slid around a lot back there. (She passed away suddenly last month) We got the Russell seat, and never regretted it at all. Better for me, and was much better for her. The reach to the ground seems about the same for me. Hope this helps.

Deepest condolences for your loss.

Back