Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fuel carriers

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post
    The 3 30 litre bottles arrived today.
    Say what? How big are the bottles? 30 liters = 7.9 gallons. I think we have a typo here.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Say what? How big are the bottles? 30 liters = 7.9 gallons. I think we have a typo here.
    30 ounces, 887 ml. Ooops,
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Giant Loop has a different approach

I've used Giant Loop's Gas Bag (or, Fuel-safe Bladder) on my Xchallenge, because the bike's fuel tank only holds 2.5 gallons and it's not the easiest bike to carry stuff on.

The 1-gallon model below fits in one of my tank panniers nicely if you only fill it to about 3/4 gallon. It's rugged as hell, doesn't require any mounts and can be packed at least a dozen different ways. Depending on your bike you may want some of the accessories, such as a filler spout.

These are now available in several sizes, and Giant Loop stuff is among the best there is. Plus, they are a strong supporter of the GS Giants!

Ian

Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    I've used Giant Loop's Gas Bag (or, Fuel-safe Bladder) on my Xchallenge, because the bike's fuel tank only holds 2.5 gallons and it's not the easiest bike to carry stuff on.
    Saw this setup in California.

Picture 193.jpg
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post

The 1-gallon model below fits in one of my tank panniers nicely if you only fill it to about 3/4 gallon. It's rugged as hell, doesn't require any mounts and can be packed at least a dozen different ways. Depending on your bike you may want some of the accessories, such as a filler spout.

These are now available in several sizes, and Giant Loop stuff is among the best there is. Plus, they are a strong supporter of the GS Giants!

Ian

I would love to get a 1 or 2 gal model for my WR but the prices stops me.

Eddie

I picked up the GL 1 gallon for my run to Tuk. Nicely made piece of kit.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend