• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How can I change Start/End point on Nav V route?

skibumwi

All,

I've been able to download some really nice looking routes from the intertubes but am wondering how I can change the Start/End point on the route to better match my expected travels? The routes each have a start/end specified but they don't necessarily correspond to where I would be joining the route.

Using Basecamp and the Nav V.

Any help appreciated,
Ski

Last edited:
First you need to create and assign your start and end points as waypoints. Up at the top, use the little red flag to do this. Just click on it then move it to your desired new waypoint and click on it. The new waypoint will be created.
Make sure your route is open when you do this.
Then double click the route (in the left hand panel) and a window should open. You'll see the route detail there.
Now click on "add waypoint" and your new waypoints can be inserted anywhere you like within the route.
Use the + and - to move the waypoint.

Have fun!

Joe

I re-order waypoints frequently for loops that I've downloaded for day rides.

I'm using Basecamp in Windows, so it would go like this:

Right click the route and Duplicate it, so I can get back to the original if/when I make a mistake.
Double click the duplicate to Open it.
Find the point in the route that you wish to be the new starting point.
Select the point before that with a left click.
Select all the points before that with a Shift-click on the original start point.
Use Ctrl-X to put all of those points in the clipboard and remove them from the beginning of the route.
Ctrl-V (with no points selected) will add the clipboard contents (in order) to the bottom of the route.
Hit the Recalculate button at the bottom of the Route window and check the results on the map.

For routes with different start/end points, where you are just skipping a portion, just delete the points you want to bypass and recalculate.

... wondering how I can change the Start/End point on the route to better match my expected travels? The routes each have a start/end specified but they don't necessarily correspond to where I would be joining the route.

Using ... Nav V.
Ski, from the BMW Navigator V or VI you would bring up the route as you normally do in Trip Planner. From there, tap:
  • Menu - upper left icon
  • Edit Destinations
that will bring you to a screen with the waypoints and shaping points listed in order along the route. On the far right of each point, you will see a grayed section that will react to your finger pressure. Place your finger on the waypoint that you wish to move and drag it to where you would like in the route order, releasing your finger when you are there or have moved past the current screen (it can't scroll more than one position past the current screen in one motion).

Note: I highly recommend that if you have routes that you'd think you would like to adjust in the future but wish to retain the original, load two (2) copies of the route (one with (org) at the end so that you will know to only modify the other and use it as a working copy. This allows you to retain the original unaltered, as many routes will change roads when the waypoints are juggled around and if there are any shaping points in the original they will usually be lost.

Back