• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tennessee in 2019

Glad to see the location is outside Nashville. Just went through the city proper around three in the afternoon and it took us over two hours to go about 7 miles. They have a serious traffic and people movement issue that town. Watched a public broadcast show in the evening where they are in n the plannng stages of addressing the issues but will be no where completion for the next few years. So it's early to start planning routes but make sure when you do to stay away from city limits.

I'll be going to Iowa from Massachusetts by way of Blue Ridge Parkway, the Tail of The Dragon, then head northwest to Des Moines. Lebanon, Tn. next year? BRP two years in a row? Woe is me!!!!

I'll be going to Iowa from Massachusetts by way of Blue Ridge Parkway, the Tail of The Dragon, then head northwest to Des Moines. Lebanon, Tn. next year? BRP two years in a row? Woe is me!!!!

Welcome to the forum!
Gary

early june rallies

If the Iowa Rally is the 2nd weekend of June like this year, the Iowa would end Sunday morning June 9th.

What if? That may be way to early for some riders.

I know from past experience, some schools are still open. This would limit some from going on any type of trip
until school is out.

just my2 cents.

MTHELMET

There will be a lot of riders on the trail (and roads) toward Tennessee, next year starting about Saturday June 8th.
It's the folks that have only one or two weeks of vacation time to indulge their traveling/riding pleasure each summer.
Rest assured that for every person unable because of ANY June conflict, there's likely an equal number of folks that were unable...
during our previous July offerings.

Time and attendance will tell.

"travel'n" john

Lose some to possible heat, and lose some to other commitments. No single date will work for everyone.

I look forward to riding to this one too,

Rod

Lose some to possible heat, and lose some to other commitments. No single date will work for everyone.

I look forward to riding to this one too,

Rod

I don't think any location could be hotter than Salt Lake City national. I kept tells g myself that the low humidity would make up the difference but mostly it just dehydrated me quicker even with extra hydration. Looking forward to the calendar change to stay out of the July heat!

Talk about heat...

I don't think any location could be hotter than Salt Lake City national. I kept tells g myself that the low humidity would make up the difference but mostly it just dehydrated me quicker even with extra hydration. Looking forward to the calendar change to stay out of the July heat!

Somebody missed Bloomsburg, obviously. :gerg

I was going to hit Salt Lake City on my way back from Alaska last July, but my son was getting ready to deploy so I decided to head to Colorado Springs and see him that week instead.

So, I missed it... Did they have any flaming cars in SLC? :stick

-MTS

Somebody missed Bloomsburg, obviously. :gerg

I was going to hit Salt Lake City on my way back from Alaska last July, but my son was getting ready to deploy so I decided to head to Colorado Springs and see him that week instead.

So, I missed it... Did they have any flaming cars in SLC? :stick

-MTS

I was in both Bloomsburg AND Salt Lake. Salt Lake was balmy compared to Bloomsburg. But as I have been saying ... IT IS JULY! Heck the rally in Vermont was in the 90's! Who knew? You can't predict weather. But I do like the June date change!

There is certainly no expectation of "cool" in that area of Tennessee in June next year. Even today, thirty days before the Rally date of June...
it was a hot day there.
One of those 89 degree days, that feels like 93 because of the "H" word.

May we buck the norm...

"travel'n" john

There is certainly no expectation of "cool" in that area of Tennessee in June next year. Even today, thirty days before the Rally date of June...
it was a hot day there.
One of those 89 degree days, that feels like 93 because of the "H" word.

May we buck the norm...

"travel'n" john

I live in the Texas Big Bend. 89F is cool here. We hit 107 Saturday. But .07% humidity. :)

Last edited:
One Year from today....

Its Day 1 of the Rally in Tennessee. And if we "were to have" the current weather conditions/forecast there... let's just say it's definitely summertime!

And not unlike July. Hazy, Hot & Humid all week there.

Today: Currently 75F The high near 89F Humidity 94% Mostly cloudy, very little air moving & 10% chance of rain.

Friday: low 67F high 93F

Saturday: low 72F high 95F

Sunday: low 72F high 93F

Sure wish'n we were going to _______ (your choice here; example: Fargo) in June 19'

...not complaining, just say'n
"travel'n" john

It is SUMMER and we are talking about the WEATHER! Just got home from Americade in Lake George NY and while cool temps are expected in Lake George we had 60's nearly all the way home through PA, WV and VA. Even rolling into my driveway on Tuesday in Charlotte it was high 70's! But forecast for Sunday is 97!! You just can't plan the weather since mother nature has her own ideas.

I was in both Bloomsburg AND Salt Lake. Salt Lake was balmy compared to Bloomsburg. But as I have been saying ... IT IS JULY! Heck the rally in Vermont was in the 90's! Who knew? You can't predict weather. But I do like the June date change!
As long as we are voting for hot, I think Sedalia Mo deserved a runner up. Now the fairgrounds there were very excellent, and cool places to hide were abundant. However it took me 4 bottles of water to get my tent stakes in. That is taking advantage of cracks in the earth.

I did not do Bloomsberg or Salt Lake so I can only imagine.

And I still had a good time.

Rod

Back