• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tennessee in 2019

pglaves

Since folks in-the-know have posted to Facebook, but have failed to post the information to their very own Forum, let me be the first to announce that the 2019 BMW MOA Rally will be held in Lebanon, Tennessee, June 13-16, 2019.

This is interesting: It is the wrong Zone, and it is in June, not July. But it looks to be a great place to ride to and from. I assume it was an opportunity too good to pass up, as we did once before when I was President - in Trenton, Ontario, Canada - in the wrong zone. :)

Since folks in-the-know have posted to Facebook, but have failed to post the information to their very own Forum, let me be the first to announce that the 2019 BMW MOA Rally will be held in Lebanon, Tennessee, June 13-16, )

Most of us at the meeting are just now getting back to our rooms.
I like the idea of changing this and future rallies to June.
I'll be on the road all day Sunday.

As I asked a couple of our prospective Board re-electees, did we contact local clubs before announcing a change in Rally dates?

The KCBMWMC has considered moving our date but we are under contract, but it could be negotiated with enough lead time, so as to not be bumping directly up against this rally incase The GS Giants decide to come back into the fray.

I'm sure the Iowa Rally will be none to happy if this is the first they have heard of it.

*Edited there is a week between us and any direct conflict. The Iowa Rally would be bumping up against a GS Giants event, and The Missouri State Rally is currently held on the same weekend (Father's day weekend.)

Michael J Mans
"The MOA needs to buy a calendar and a map."
Kansas City
KCBMWMC
GSGIANTS

Last edited:
... The "Father of Clubs & National Rally's" has spoken: There will be change! So let there be harmony among my offspring... for the June-bugs are many.
And July is getting hotter.

Thank You Father Club... I think.

"travel'n" john

Last edited:
Tennessee

June can be plenty warm and as the little guy on the island used to say The Gnats The Gnats ( buffalo type in the south others know them as black flies) with a healthy side of mosquitoes. Rally is 347 miles from home if I go the shortest route and I won't,rally is 150 miles from my sisters house in Murray Ky.
So home to Murray (250 miles) overnight there. Murray to Land Between the Lakes ( 40 miles), Campout get a little trace time. Than on to Lebanon ( 135 miles)
Totals 3 days 425 miles or interstate time 5 hours 347 miles and no fun.
Now is June tornado season?

:scratch
Seems like announcing the 2019 rally before the 2018 rally is held has a chance to change attendance? Maybe it’s a Facebook deal.
:dunno
OM

What has happen about not telling where the next national rally is going to be before the current rally has even happen.

What has happen about not telling where the next national rally is going to be before the current rally has even happen.

The following year's rally has been announced following the April Board meeting for several years now, provided it was under contract. The notion that people won't attend a given rally if we fool them into not knowing where the next one will be was kindergarten, or maybe second grade stuff. BMW MOA members are adults capable of making decisions in their best interest. If that means somebody will skip a rally to go to the next year's which they like better, so be it. Trying to fool folks into going to a rally because they lack knowledge was and would be abusive to the membership.

I have appreciated the announcement earlier than at the current rally practice in the past several years and I support it. It gives me the opportunity to plan and organize other trips and activities.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

The following year's rally has been announced following the April Board meeting for several years now, provided it was under contract. The notion that people won't attend a given rally if we fool them into not knowing where the next one will be was kindergarten, or maybe second grade stuff. BMW MOA members are adults capable of making decisions in their best interest. If that means somebody will skip a rally to go to the next year's which they like better, so be it. Trying to fool folks into going to a rally because they lack knowledge was and would be abusive to the membership.
Well said, Paul!

Iowa Rally

If the Iowa Rally is the 2nd weekend of June like this year, the Iowa would end Sunday morning June 9th.

Usually its the 2nd full weekend in June. To be full weekend the first weekend has to include Friday. But you would have to check with the Stodge Folks to know for sure,

I'm pretty new to all this, but I wouldn't think announcing the next one a little early would hurt this year's. Those going in 2018 have pretty much decided. Those left, who just made their 2018 decision based on this, can't be a huge number.

If it does convince a few to hold off until next year, it will probably convince just as many to go this year instead. For every rider in FL who just decided to wait and go to TN in 2019, there's probably one in UT who just decided to go to IA this year.

To be frank, I'm surprised the MOA hasn't had to choose sites more in advance. I realize it's different, but a couple of other organizations I'm involved in that hold annual events have to arrange them years in advance, and members know where the next two, three, and maybe even four years' events will be held. Looking at the site requirements, it can't be easy to choose a place. It's not like picking an indoor convention center, where every medium and larger city has one and any time of the year will do. So with that in mind, I've been amazed they've been able to hold back as they have.

Since folks in-the-know have posted to Facebook, but have failed to post the information to their very own Forum, let me be the first to announce that the 2019 BMW MOA Rally will be held in Lebanon, Tennessee, June 13-16, 2019.

This is interesting: It is the wrong Zone, and it is in June, not July. But it looks to be a great place to ride to and from. I assume it was an opportunity too good to pass up, as we did once before when I was President - in Trenton, Ontario, Canada - in the wrong zone. :)

That is awesome as it looks like the people in "power" have listened long enough to member's complaints about the July heat in various locations over time. I do have to say the July isn't the best of times to have a rally unless you're at elevation somewhere. And even then it doesn't guarantee cooler temps....Gillette WY comes to mind.

Let’s face it there is no announcement MOA could make that would result in universal approval. I’ll be going next year. I wonder why they pushed back the eastern zones time?

Respect thy club

The numbers game! East , West, North, South ??? Where O where do I go this year. My riding season ( i.e.. destinations,rally, mini trips has been penciled since March)
Out of respect "for" the MOA, I booked as a earlybird, for Iowa 2018
And now, out of Respect "from" the MOA, a 2019 site has been chosen, Helmets off to thee!
Gas 'em up, head 'em out
I just got back from my 1st group ride with our club out of Denver. destination : Big Bend ,Tx You want heat? no problem finding it there ,,, 100 deg plus most days. Big Bend is a MC paradise . Great roads, great eats, great folk.
I'm sure Iowa and Tenn will do the same, See ya there!

Right on

:love:wave:love

Right on... let’s be adults

Back