• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K75 mechanics active in S. Illinois region

rall275

I'm working on my 88 K75C and have done some work on it, but might need assistance. Aren't there still in existence K mechanics from back in the day who have a vast storehouse of knowledge pertaining to the K75 who would enjoy helping a fellow brick owner?

I mean these gurus didn't ALL go extinct did they? I saw an obsolete list of K mechanics from around the country, but I doubt it is still relevant. My brother has an 88 K75C low seat and a 95 K75T as he calls it, and he found a guy around him who's an expert and will work at a reasonable rate on his bikes, and I was wondering if one might be around my region of S. Illinois/Western Ky?

Things I've done to my bike: change fuel/vacuum hoses; valve adjustment; sent fuel injectors in; synched fuel injectors; changed all filters (including in tank fuel filter); changed all bulbs; had odometer sent in for repair (the plastic gears had melted); changed instrument cluster's bulbs to led; changed all fluids; had new shinko tires installed; tested vacuum leakage with carb spray

Projects: I'm going to lube my rear spline; change out my clutch cable and that rubber boot; monitor Hall Effect Sensor; lube clutch spline; monitor poor fuel mileage issue.

However, there will be things I can't work on, and an insurance policy in the form of a willing K expert would sure help.

Thanks, sorry for the rambling.

Attachments

• sidesml.jpg
    sidesml.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
A couple sideline thoughts -

I'm not a mechanic, but we can do all the "to-do's" in a weekend if you want to ride it up to my garage :)

Are you a member of a local BMW club? Someone may be willing to give you a hand too.

Last edited:
A couple sideline thoughts -

I'm not a mechanic, but we can do all the "to-do's" in a weekend if you want to ride it up to my garage :)

Are you a member of a local BMW club? Someone may be willing to give you a had too.

thanks for the offer. No, I'm not a member of a local group, I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere downstate. I just always wondered what became of all the guys who lived and breathed K bikes.

Regards.

thanks for the offer. No, I'm not a member of a local group, I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere downstate. I just always wondered what became of all the guys who lived and breathed K bikes.

Regards.

One of us retired and moved to Texas. :)

I'm still here in the Bay Area.:rocker

What are the things that you can't work on? That's why we're here; to talk you through it.

:dance:dance:dance

Self-reliance

Looks like you're going to have to use your written manuals, online resources (including this site), and anyone you know who has a K75 and just dig into it yourself. Photo document things before and during disassembly so you can get it back together correctly. With proper tools, references, lighting, time, and patience, you will simply have to do the best you can under the circumstances. Competent K-bike mechanics are dying off daily and it is an unfortunate reality. In your case the conundrum is that the machine is outliving the men needed to keep these machines alive.

Back