• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rear turn signal bracket. What is this?

jpeck

I got this with some other airhead parts. It looks like a normal rear turn signal bracket, except that it's bent upward on both sides. At first I thought it was just damaged, but on closer inspection it seems to have been made that way. Does anyone out there know what this is for or have an idea of the reason why someone would do this on purpose? UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b519.jpg

More than likely someone's heavy-handed solution to the turn signal housings rubbing on their Krauser bags. Mine did, but I shortend the ends by about an inch. Obviously the turn signals would no longer be pointed straight to the rear.

A lot of owners did this to the front turn signal stalks in order to mount frame mounted fairings ( i.e. Luftmeister, Windjammer, etc.)

2317-h-b-bags-2.jpg

Last edited:
What if the two bolts attached to the fender up a bit higher, around the radius a bit? Would that make a difference in terms of the bend and orientation of the lights?

Thanks, everyone. I do not have a clue what model of airhead this part came from, as it came to me in a box of assorted parts I picked up. The explanation that someone bent the stalks to clear luggage makes a sort of sense, though it's not how I would have done it...I was intrigued because the job was done so nicely...

Back