• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Humboldt Broncos, 15 dead, 3 still critical, my hockey stick is on my front steps.

dieselyoda

I am a little disappointed that I am posting this on a Tuesday, 3 full days since the accident and that I am the first.

Let me tell you, I am heartbroken. I spent many a day as a Junior riding the big pumpkin on my way to an impossible NHL dream.

Something that my fellow riders and friends found here should know, I am a hockey player and only a hockey player. Riding is just a distraction but when I do ride, I'm trying to get that first breath on new ice.

A new Canadian thing has started.............Leave your hockey stick on your front steps/porch because one of the boys that survived might need one.

My neighbour has two Canadian flags, a pair of skates and hockey stick against his rural mailbox. This was such a tragedy that should never have happened.

Thoughts are with the survivors and all the people who have lost loved ones.

I am a little disappointed that I am posting this on a Tuesday, 3 full days since the accident and that I am the first.

Let me tell you, I am heartbroken. I spent many a day as a Junior riding the big pumpkin on my way to an impossible NHL dream.

Something that my fellow riders and friends found here should know, I am a hockey player and only a hockey player. Riding is just a distraction but when I do ride, I'm trying to get that first breath on new ice.

A new Canadian thing has started.............Leave your hockey stick on your front steps/porch because one of the boys that survived might need one.

As a side note, this may not have made the news in the United States news world.

As a side note, this may not have made the news in the United States news world.

Trump send condolences to Joe Trudeau.

It is very hard to explain the way the hockey life is.

I had two games this last three days. At $350.00/hr for ice time, we should skate. Instead, couple beering, nobody wanted to skate.

Those boys, hair dyed the same for a playoff tradition, I really doubt my riding brethren south of me get Canada.

Love your neighbor, get him riding!!!

We don't have a stick to leave out so my better half is picking one up. We'll leave it out at our rural mailbox. I think the boys will miss it if we leave it at the door.

I really doubt my riding brethren south of me get Canada.

A lot more of us than you think. Many of us love hockey and can't thank Canada enough for having given the world such a wonderful game.

Condolences from all the hockey fans in the US, and there are plenty of us. I went to school at Clarkson, which as you probably know has a Division I hockey team. Loved to watch Division I hockey games.

The Clarkson women's hockey team won it all this year. They didn't have a woman's team back when I attended the school. I don't think they had enough women in total to field a hockey team...

Very sad about such a tragedy, especially with victims so young and healthy...

Harry

Me too. University of North Dakota graduate. A couple of NCAA championships while I lived in Grand Forks, and a few more since I believe. I played hockey in high school but was really not very good at it, but it was fun.

I think this tragedy is relateable to so many beyond hockey. So many youth travelling on buses for all sorts of sports and activities in all parts of the continent and the world. It's easy to picture oneself or a loved one in this situation.

I don't have 16 hockey stick but there are more than few houses that do.

Very good comment about other sports teams riding buses. I never played competitive volleyball but my buddy did. We reminisced about bus time.

From USA Today-

636593139593401879-Humbolt-Hockey-honor.jpg

“Being from Canada and being a hockey player myself, I knew we didn’t have anything on the car as far as sponsorship this week,” Kennington said Saturday. “I told Marty I’d like to do something for the boys and girls and everybody from Humboldt, the first responders, the families – everyone involved.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...tragedy-stricken-hockey-team-decal/517499002/

om

Very sad.

Terribly sad. I grew up in Winnipeg. There were maybe as many as 10, maybe more, junior hockey teams in Manitoba then. Every one of those boys had stars in his eyes for the NHL. Now I live in a small BC town. We have a competitive junior hockey team here. I try to think what it would be like, for a small town to lose its young people and other team members, like those in Humboldt.

Humboldt Strong. My sticks are by the front door too.

Back