• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tour of Berlin plant

Hello All. Are tours of the manufacturing plant offered?

I have toured it twice, once about 15 years ago and again 3 or 4 years ago. I highly recommend it. There were lots changes between the two times I saw it.

The first time we saw a K bike assembled. They started by putting the crankshaft, rods, etc in a case half, then glued the case halves together. Then they hung it from a track on the ceiling and moved it around a big U bolting pieces on until a complete bike was hanging from the track at the end.

The second tour was more focused on their efforts to make the work ergonomically healthy for workers. There were more robotics and lots of discussion about how they work with suppliers to facilitate the assembly process.

I will probably go again. I get to Berlin every year.

I'm looking forward to seeing it next month. Weekdays only, make arrangements ahead of time, probably good to mention you'd like someone who speaks English (unless your German is good).

Back