• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Atlantic Provinces

I am planning a trip for this summer from Cincinnati to the Canadian Atlantic Provinces. Does anyone know of good reference materials for routes, places to visit, etc. or if someone has personal experience with this trip I would appreciate any information or advice offered.

Where are you going? What are you riding? What are you interested in? How long do you have to travel?

Welcome to the Forum.

Can you give us an idea of when you plan on being here? The BMW Owners of Nova Scotia (BMWONS) is celebrating our 40th Anniversary in 2018 and as such we will have a few additional events planned, perhaps some might coincide with your visit.

If it is right after the MOA Rally in Des Moines, there'll be a group of us riding back to Nova Scotia.

As Steve mentioned, if you can give us an idea of all of these things, we can certainly assist, including sending you one or two POI files I've created if you're using a GPS and it will accept the Garmin type POI files (GPI).

To be totally not helpful go to your local PBS source and watch Anne of Green Gables and Last Tango in Halifax, next download Alison Krauss and Union Station music . If the bugs bad maybe some Celine Dion

To be totally not helpful ...
Can't argue with you there. Has it been a long winter in Central Illinois? :dunno

... go to your local PBS source and watch Anne of Green Gables and Last Tango in Halifax, next download Alison Krauss and Union Station music . If the bugs bad maybe some Celine Dion
Other than Anne of Green Gables, I'm not aware of the rest have any connection to the Atlantic Provinces.

You headed to Newfoundland? I can help you with info there and I too will be in Des Moines so maybe I'll run into a few of you herring chokers:buds

Since this thread is not about forum software help, this thread will be moved to the Ride Reports section of the forum by one of the Moderators. Hang on for the move!

Thanks Kurt, that would clean things up.

Skibum69, there's a meet up being planned in the Rally Beer Garden section of this forum. You could also PM me or Codfather to arrange something.

A group of us are booked into the Hampton Inn & Suites, Ankeny.

Long winter

Can't argue with you there. Has it been a long winter in Central Illinois? :dunno

Other than Anne of Green Gables, I'm not aware of the rest have any connection to the Atlantic Provinces.

That must be my excuse, long winter. It is finally sunny middle 70's today went for ride on 78/7 will have to figure out how to soften up new suspension.
I thought Alison krauss was Canadian, I was wrong she is from Champaign, Illinois in the early 70's we were both doing time there, she lived there I had a choice between Vietnam or the University of Illinois.
I may be wrong but original poster could read the salty fog rides stuff I think that was on Atlantic coast.

I am planning a trip for this summer from Cincinnati to the Canadian Atlantic Provinces. Does anyone know of good reference materials for routes, places to visit, etc. or if someone has personal experience with this trip I would appreciate any information or advice offered.
Welcome to the forum!
Once I can tell you have been back on to have a peek at the suggestions, I'll move this thread to the Ride Reposts section.
Have a good trip.
Gary

That must be my excuse, long winter. It is finally sunny middle 70's today went for ride on 78/7 will have to figure out how to soften up new suspension.
I thought Alison krauss was Canadian, I was wrong she is from Champaign, Illinois in the early 70's we were both doing time there, she lived there I had a choice between Vietnam or the University of Illinois.
I may be wrong but original poster could read the salty fog rides stuff I think that was on Atlantic coast.
No problem, but we'll tade you Celine Dion for Alison Krauss any day of the week. ;-) Alison has a far better personality, etc., etc., etc.

Late 60's early 70's explains a lot, I made it through that era, despite doing my darndest tempting fate way too often.

I’m keeping an eye on that thread and am pouring beer on Wednesday to free up the rest of the weekend for drinking:drink

Back