Thread: 2018 Masters

2018 Masters

Anybody watch? By the 10th, watching the players demeanor, intensity, concentration, I thought, Fowler or Reed. Lackadaisical doesn't cut it. They make it look easy. Sometimes raw luck, like anything else, cuts through the fog. Hey, where's my sticks? Snowed again last night. Guess I'll be out in the garage today.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    Anybody watch?
    I did. Kind of nice to see green grass, flowers, people in short-sleeve shirts...
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Pressure

Plus where else can you see somebody miss hitting a little ball in a 4 inch diameter hole (?) from a few feet away and it could cost him half a million $$$.
    I think every hole should have a circle around and if a player's ball is inside that circle and he misses a putt a mandatory donation too a charity.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    I did. Kind of nice to see green grass, flowers, people in short-sleeve shirts...
    Ah yes , the painted grass, the water is dyed and the bunkers are filled with some kind of quartz from a mining process. But it do look good.
    John Simonds
    2017 R 1200 GS Adventure
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Third round 2019 Masters, as they say, is in the bag. Tomorrow I'm going with Tony Finau. I guy who had little growing up. Dad set him up with some 75 cent irons from thrift shop and a mattress against the garage door. Great story. Dad read a book about golf and taught his kids. Imagine that.

Starts really early, 7AM, thereabouts. TV on at 9AM. Threesomes to beat the storms on the horizon. Should be a hoot if the wind kicks up and greens finally get hard. They're really bunched up at the top. Tiger with a lot of youngons.

Rally Rat

Smile

Missed it. Had paint drying. Watched that.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    Third round 2019 Masters, as they say, is in the bag. Tomorrow I'm going with Tony Finau. I guy who had little growing up. Dad set him up with some 75 cent irons from thrift shop and a mattress against the garage door. Great story. Dad read a book about golf and taught his kids. Imagine that.

Starts really early, 7AM, thereabouts. TV on at 9AM. Threesomes to beat the storms on the horizon. Should be a hoot if the wind kicks up and greens finally get hard. They're really bunched up at the top. Tiger with a lot of youngons.
    Should be a great shoot out...looking forward to seeing if the old man with the broken body still has what it takes to beat the young studs.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

RK Ryder
    So help me out here. I haven't watched any of this year's Master yet. A friend invited me over for 3:00 p.m. today to watch maybe the final three or four hours. However since tee off time is now 7:30 a.m., what time would you suggest that I arrive at his place for those last three or four hours of viewing.

By 3:00 p.m. I assume that most, if not all of it, would be over.

And yes, I am in the Eastern Time Zone.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Niagara Riders & Knights of the Roundel #333

Contact me and become a Volunteer in Lebanon! rallyvolunteers@bmwmoa.org

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I have to ask, these players are really hitting the ball. It looks like a lot of damage if they are slightly off when they T-Off. I donít know if I would stand that close
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

It's raining now in Atlanta, so I suspect that play is suspended. They were trying to tee off early and on the 1st and 10th tees to beat the rain, but looks like it didn't work. Probably will be back playing midday.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I have to ask, these players are really hitting the ball. It looks like a lot of damage if they are slightly off when they T-Off. I donít know if I would stand that close
    OM
    Did a little looking-

To put that into context, the average ball speed for all players hitting driver during the round was 167.10 miles per hour. Tony Finau boasts the highest average ball speed on the PGA Tour this season, clocking in at 184.46 mph. His fastest drive in the 2016 season so far has been 188.16 mph.Mar 14, 2016

That would leave a mark.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Tiger won by one stroke, missed a playoff by three inches. Remarkable after being written off. Golf is way tougher than most. Just stepping the first tee is enough to make most get dry mouth, start shaking and run for the beer cart. Sounds almost like arriving at yer first international MOA rally.

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"
    I've seen everything now; at the Masters, the replays of Jack's "better that most"... now seem like ancient golf history. This DAY, will now be forever remembered.

The LEGEND of T.W. continues in the present... for us mere mortals to enjoy and actually struggle to comprehend.

"travel'n" John

Too late for me to start
    Between Tin Cup, Happy Gilmore and The Legend of Bagger Vance....there is something about it I like.

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Hard to believe TW was flat on his back two years ago wondering if he was ever going to swing a club again. From that point to winning the Masters and beating all of the best golfers in the world is quite a story of toughness and drive for excellence. Nice to see all of the other players lined up to congratulate him...they know when Tiger is winning, everybody is making more money.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031