• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Brake Disc Recommendations Sought - K1200S

BC1100S

Left Coast Rider
Thinking of changing the front discs as they're getting a little "pulsey" / "warpy".

Any recommendations, folks?

Update

In case anyone was wondering / losing sleep / seeing a therapist over my brake issue, I found a simple solution:

Change brake pads, find an empty road, wind it up to about 120 km/h and hammer on the brakes a couple of times. The horrible brake residue build up from your previous pads will be wiped clean and your bike will be as good as new - maybe better! I installed EBC HH pads and, so far, like them a lot.

Nice thrifty solution:thumb The K12's have a rigid mount rotor and the 13's changed to a slight floating mount...guessing to alleviate a bit of rotor warp feel. The front rotors sure should last way longer than the rear...but who knows:dunno
Have seen some fronts warp out at an early age.

Had seen your post earlier and was going to suggest EBC , or Galfer wave rotors over OEM. One or both made in Germany and have them on a few rear wheels. Plus they look cool:brow

How's that rocket riding?

How's the rocket riding, you ask? For me, its the perfect GT bike - decent handling in fast corners and effortless speed over long distances. I had a custom seat made which alleviated the "pain in the ass after 20 minutes" syndrome I had. It gets decent gas mileage, too, which is something the 1100S didn't do at elevated speeds. I've fallen in love with the ESA - set it on full mush on the highway and dial up additional damping as needed on secondary / sporty roads. The only complaint I have so far is the ridiculous standard luggage - oddly shaped inside so that you have to pack like you're building a jigsaw puzzle!

Back to brakes for a moment, I was going to get some Galfer rotors if my new brake pads experiment didn't work out. I guess I'll have to find some other way to be cool. :laugh

Back