• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Aluminum Panniers on F700GS?

mcwhirtj

First let me say that I spent at least 30 minutes searching various forums and online resources for a definitive answer to this question. BMW USA does not show the aluminum pannier system as an option for the F700GS, just the Vario cases. But they exists for the F800GS, and I think the racks and panniers that fit the F800GS should fit the F700GS (?). Interestingly, I found at least one European BMW site that does show an aluminum pannier systems for the F700GS, but when I grab the part # and put it into (e.g.,) Bob's BMW microfiche parts search, it comes up as an F800GS part. My wife wants aluminum panniers on her 2017 F700GS, and likes the ones on my R1200GSA and in particular that they are keyed to the bike, and also the ease in which they are removed from the bike. I'm not asking advice on aluminum pannier systems in general (that's another thread and I have no trouble finding those!) I just want to know if anyone has put the F800GS BMW pannier system on their F700GS, or otherwise knows definitively if this is an option, or not. If I was confident they would fit, I'd just order the F800GS racks and panniers, and do the keying myself (done that).
Thanks,
Jim

later that same night I come across this:

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/prod...18566447-right77418566448-mountspreset-p-1103

From what I can tell, the panniers are same for all (R1200GS(A), F800GS(A), F700GS, F650GS. The F800GS has the racks already - but they are listed as purchasable option in this link, for the F700GS. And they say they will key the lock rings for free! I've purchased from Sierra BMW before -great dealer.

Sort of ends this thread before it got started! Sorry to liter the forum.

Jim

Last edited:
They don't show on their website but I talked to a parts guy at BobsBMW and they have them. He said the bags are the old style for the r12GS.

Back