• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA 25% off Coupon for Castrol Power One Oil

Great price

Just ordered a 6-pk of my own, and no sales tax in Oregon, $29.12! Woohoo, drinks are on me fellas.

I was just in a Cycle gear. The full synth stuff they had was like $15 a quart. Amazing deal we got!

Just bought 2 6-packs and 2 Mahle oil filters which were also a good deal at $11.08 each. Thanks for sharing this discount, Lee!

Thanks for posting this. Very timely. I went out looking at auto-parts stores this weekend looking for the oil.
Not one had any. I was resigned to an inconvenient trip to the dealer.

DGerber - Airheads need SG-rated oil, with more ZDDP than what SL has. Don't know about the older "brick" Ks, but I suspect that with their flat cam shims, they'd also want SG.

I also looked in the Riders Manuals for the 2008 K1200R and S - they both call out SG.

Sal - Not recommended; the manual calls for SF, SG, or SH (as above).

Last edited:
DGerber - Airheads need SG-rated oil, with more ZDDP than what SL has. Don't know about the older "brick" Ks, but I suspect that with their flat cam shims, they'd also want SG.

I also looked in the Riders Manuals for the 2008 K1200R and S - they both call out SG.

Sal - Not recommended; the manual calls for SF, SG, or SH (as above).

The SL specification for -40 and -50 oils allows much more ZDDP (Zinc) than for -20 and -30 oils. So the manufacturer is allowed to add it. It should be good.

Rod

Thanks for the additional info... but maybe "...should be" should be "could be"? This is the "Power1" stuff, not their 4T or PowerRS, both of which looked pretty good in the March 2013 Owners News...:scratch

I looked at the 20% off link when Lee posted the link two days ago, but really did not need oil, so I let it go.

I just now tried the link in my usual Chrome browser, and found NO reference to 20% off, only a $5 saving if I added $100 to an Amazon gift card (which I have never had or bought).

Pasted the link into two seldom used browsers (Opera and Edge) and found no savings offers at all.

Signed into Amazon from Chrome using my wife's Prime account, found the $5 offer again.

Signed out completely, cleared my Amazon cookies in Chrome, no savings offer at all.

Signed into my non-Prime account, $5 off when adding $100 to a gift card.

I think the 20% coupon expired and Amazon is modifying the offers based on previous history.

Back