• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

No campfires at the Rally Site?

skibumwi

Looking over the rules for the Rally it says that campfires are not allowed on the Fairgrounds! Is this usual for MOA rallies? I plan on camping but would really miss sitting around the fire with new friends.

Ski

I'm a newbie and only started attending these MOA National Rallies in 2006 and have never seen a campfire at these events.

In lieu of a campfire at the BMW MOA rallies, where one can sit and listen or regale their compatriots with various tall-tales, there is a beer tent where a very similar experience can occur. The campfire does help keep mosquitoes away, so one might be well advised to bring their own favored insect repellent to the beer tent.

Everybody's idea of "tending" to their campfire is different......:eek .........resulting in many places highly regulating a campfire.......Usually in a fire-pit or ring specifically located.
OM

Campfires 🔥

There are usually no campfires at a National Rally. Large Fairgrounds have restrictions about open fires.

Smaller rallies are the place to go for sitting around the fires 🔥. Our local MN Hiawatha rally is noted for great campfires.

Too difficult to control at a larger event.

you ever see how fast some tents can burn?

In Boy Scouts almost 50 years ago at a winter camp someone got carried away with the camp fire. Small troop with like 5 or so tents, gone before a water brigade could get going. N0 INJURIES
Some young men got good life lessons. Like how to make a bed out of Ceder, gathered grass and leaves. And how much better a sleeping bag and tent is. What burning Down smells like.

So no fires is not a bad thing,

Rod

I can't say for sure , but I do not recall camp fires at any of the past 34 National Rallies. I suspect somebody might recall a rally or two where we did have campfires but I certainly don't.

With a daytime temperature of the high 80s...who will seriously want the heat of a campfire to sit around?

Just sit back in your Kermit Chair at the campsite and take in all that ambiance and warmth from global warming. :brow :nod I can feel it now. :dance

I believe the rule quoted to me with a Weber bbq, at my rv site on a asphalt parking lot was "No Open Flames". I suppose this includes camp stoves, as well.

I believe the rule quoted to me with a Weber bbq, at my rv site on a asphalt parking lot was "No Open Flames". I suppose this includes camp stoves, as well.

I've never had a problem using my JetBoil to brew coffee in the morning. Of course I wake up at 5am...

Johnson City had a community fire

Hi,
I seem to remember a big fire at the bottom of that really steep hill at Johnson City. I was a good place to sit and imbibe, as the walk up the hill from the beer tent was pretty steep.
:scratch

Back