• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Texas - Airhead Tech Day, May 5, McKinney, Texas

ebeeby

Texas Tech Day with Matt Parkhouse - Saturday May 5, 2018, 9 AM to dark.

Repeating last year’s successful Tech Day in McKinney, Texas, Saturday May 5th, 2018, one day only.

Bring your bike – lift/ tools/ compressed air/ expertise available. Burgers and Beer provided at lunchtime but feel free to bring your favorite flavor.

Last year, Matt gave a fine class on Bing carbs – let me know (Eric Beeby) what topic(s) you are interested in and we can plan for it.

Just off HWY 75 at Eldorado in McKinney, Texas.
2302 Forest Hills Court
McKinney, Texas 75070
214-668-7569
ebeeby@swbell.net
Please RSVP via email so we will have enough for everyone.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend. Matt will be bringing a 5 speed gearbox to open and refresh. A couple of jobs are lining up for lift-time.
Thanks,
Eric

*****update ____cancelled****

All - Matt Parkhouse crashed in Arizona (details below). The North Texas Airhead Tech Day is cancelled. We will try to re-schedule for this Fall.

From BMWMOA.ORG posting ( https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?91778-Update-on-Matt-Parkhouse ) :

" I’m sharing what information I have from facebook via Susanna Parkhouse posts, Monday afternoon Matthew got blown into guardrail late yesterday afternoon between Kingman and Flagstaff, AZ. He’s in hospital in Kingman, very banged up.

Two Airheads, local to the area, went and picked up the bike.
Then Susanna posted this: Matthew has four broken ribs, a hemotoma, bruises and abrasions all over and a world of pain.

Susanna, again. Details of accident.

Matthew was riding down I-40 east, headed for home. The wind blew him into a concrete highway divider on the side of the road. He slid along that as he tried to slow down. He then hit about fifty feet of open space. At the end of that was a guardrail. He hit the soft (soft being subject to interpretation) end piece. The bike flipped and Matthew was sent hurtling thirty feet through the air to land Face down. He broke four ribs, has a large hemotoma on his upper, inner leg, multiple bruises and adhesions from head to toe. He is in major pain. Our home address is 1129 West Pikes Peak Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904. The bike is being taken care of. Hope to have him home in a couple of days. Then an EMT friend will take over for a little. Just glad he’s alive. Susanna

1 hour ago : Matthew is coming along. They had to put tube in his chest to drain some fluid. He’s in a lot of pain. Hospital taking good care of him. As for Strider, has been picked up and safely stored in a garage in Kingman. I’m told the wheel was destroyed, forks are probably bent. Back of bike looks good. Won’t be touched for awhile, obviously. Thank you all, sincerely, for your good wishes.

Again their home address is 1129 West Pikes Peak Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
As many of you know Matt is a great guy that will get out of his tent where he is taking a nap and fix your bike. If you’re the praying type he can use some of those. Send a get well card and if you feel so inclined took a few dollars in it to help with repairing his bike or whatever."

Eric Beeby

Back