• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nice piece on Elspeth Beard

Ran across her pic and impressive story last year and posted it on Mid South Ride Eat and Meet. Glad see and know that her saga continues. :thumb

Wow! Very interesting & inspiring and I want to read her book! I think it was very sad that when she returned home there was no fanfare for her & her story. I can only imagine how depressed she was. I only wish I could have been so adventurous as she.

Something tells me this lady does'nt get depressed. She's to busy pressing on to the next adventure in her life. Looks like riding motorcycles is a life long part of her life. :thumb

Elsbeth Beard

Wow! Very interesting & inspiring and I want to read her book! I think it was very sad that when she returned home there was no fanfare for her & her story. I can only imagine how depressed she was. I only wish I could have been so adventurous as she.
I finished her book, "Elsbeth Beard Lone Rider. " A must read in my own opinion. A brutally honest story of the indomitable human spirit, failure, then unheralded triumph. After having read the book a month ago,I want to read it again. Cheers from Vancouver Island

Great video, I read her book awhile ago and the stories of a few other women doing crazy big rides. Fun to follow along.

I finished her book, "Elsbeth Beard Lone Rider. " A must read in my own opinion. A brutally honest story of the indomitable human spirit, failure, then unheralded triumph. After having read the book a month ago,I want to read it again. Cheers from Vancouver Island

I agree, I read the book last weekend.

It was engrossing, I couldn't put it down and read it in two sessions. What a fantastic story.....Rod.

I went to her book signing event last night and it was an honor and a pleasure to meet and speak with her! She's down to earth and a true inspiration for anyone interested in motorcycle adventures. I highly recommend her book!

Elspeth!

My wife and I have read this, both enjoying it thoroughly. Elspeth's story is difficult, joyous, and sad yet she remained resilient. Wonderful to have published it.

Back