• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member - Wisconsin

callbr549

I'm a new member and new to BMW. Just got a 2009 R1200RT, upgrading from my first motorcycle, a 1973 Honda CB750. Looking forward to the performance, reliability, comfort, and convenience of a modern motorcycle! I can tell I'm going to have to be careful - I find myself well over 75 mph without even noticing.

I'm currently located in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, overlooking the confluence of the Wisconsin and Mississippi rivers. It is a very scenic area with the Great River Road scenic highway following the Mississippi river and country roads leading up to and following bluffs with views of the rivers and rolling farmland.

Attachments

• 2009 R1200RT.jpg
    2009 R1200RT.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 52
Howdy neighbor!
Welcome from Minnesota.
Nice looking motorcycle you have there!
You have some great roads to ride on in your area.

Joe

Welcome aboard! Will you be joining your new family at the rally in Des Moines?

My dog and I will be passing through your town in our bright yellow GSA sidecar rig on our way there. The plan is to angle up to Decorah, then zigzag down thru the northeast corner of Iowa to Backbone SP, then Riverside to visit the future birthplace of James T Kirk, then wander through Amish, Mennonite and Amana country to Pella.

Wave us down if you see us in your neck of the woods so I can pick your brain about roads in the area.

Pete

TullyAtCreamery.jpg

New member - WI

Welcome aboard! Will you be joining your new family at the rally in Des Moines?

My dog and I will be passing through your town in our bright yellow GSA sidecar rig on our way there. The plan is to angle up to Decorah, then zigzag down thru the northeast corner of Iowa to Backbone SP, then Riverside to visit the future birthplace of James T Kirk, then wander through Amish, Mennonite and Amana country to Pella.

Wave us down if you see us in your neck of the woods so I can pick your brain about roads in the area.

Pete

View attachment 67151

Welcome! Nice bike. Beautiful area you live in. We once lived east of Madison and made it over that way riding. Great roads. Thanks for joining up, hope you enjoy it!!
Jerry

Lucky Man

You have a darn good supper club (Jones' Black Angus) in Prairie du Chien, if I lived closer than 355 miles I would be fatter and poorer.:)

Back