• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Suggestions for replacing bulb in "1 off motosports" HID headlight system

somen

I need to replace the headlight bulb on my 97 R1100RS. I have run into a problem after removing my panels I found a 1 Off Motosports headlight system with Ballast and modules attached to the underside of my side switch panel. The headlight bulb seems to be hard wired
to the harness and plugs into the module. In searching for an answer from 1 Off motosports , I found they have been out of business for awhile. Does anyone have any suggestions for replacing the current bulb? Thanks for reading.

Try searching ebay.com for "H4 HID bulbs", and see if the results match what you have on your bike. Typically, bulbs (without ballasts) are only $9 to $15 a pair.

Thanks for the reply's

Thanks for the help...I think starting over may be my best option. I saw on the DDM tuning site that there is a choice of 35 or 55 W. what would I get with my single light system?

You're welcome. See if you can find what the old system was and if that was adequate then match it up. If it was a 35 Watt bulb and not bright enough you can go to 55W. BUT do keep in mind that the reflector of your bike isn't really designed to deal with a HID bulb so 55 may be too bright.. YMMV

Back