• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windshield Height Questions For Pillion Passenger

SKS46LT05

I've seen this discussed previously but cannot recall if it was here, on advrider or elsewhere, so I'm going to ask the folks i trust the most this question:
Today during a particularly blustery freeway jaunt, my lovely other half complained that she would be unable to travel for very long periods due to the amount of buffeting and wind she was experiencing on the back of the bike. We were cruising at speeds of 70-75, and although it was a windy day, she stated that the buffeting was constant and a real pain in the *ss.

I have the stock short windshield on a 05 KLT and I realize i am going to need a taller shield but--do i go with the BMW stock taller screen or an aftermarket shield like a CeeBailey?

Any suggestions input and advice will be greatly appreciated.

;)

I wondered why no one posted on this until I did a search--something i stupidly should have done initially--and not only found what i was looking for, but i discovered it had been recently discussed and apparently, i had missed the posts.
Pays to read before ya ask, eh???
:idea

Last edited:
so what'd you find out? It's hard to imagine a bike with as big a screen as the LT has, that it would be insufficient for anything, but I'm a GS rider. I'm interested as I might consider something like the LT some day if I could ever get my better half to agree to spending long hours on the back

robdogg said:
so what'd you find out? It's hard to imagine a bike with as big a screen as the LT has, that it would be insufficient for anything, but I'm a GS rider. I'm interested as I might consider something like the LT some day if I could ever get my better half to agree to spending long hours on the back
Rob--the short screen actually creates turbulence right about the area where the passenger would be. by installing the taller screen, the turbulence "point" is moved farther back, about to the midpoint of the top trunk, thereby keeping the passenger in the same "calm" pocket as the driver.
Hope this helps.....it did for me!
:wow

Back