• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New kid on the block

Hello
I will try to give the Readers Digest version of my story.
Have been riding since 1967. Gave it up in 1996 due to other interests.
Fast forward to 2016. My best friend since high school, now in Va., wants to give me a motorcycle.( He has several)

Now I have a Buell Blast 500 single. Nice bike. I get it sorted out and put new sneaks on it and ride.
I like the bike but every time I ride, I missed my Sportster.

Fast forward to April 2017. After looking unsuccessfully for a Sportster like I had, up pops one almost identical to what I had, 5 doors from my house.
I buy it. I'm in love.

Fast forward to Sept. My friend come up to take the Buell back and we are out riding and stop at the local Indy dealer I use for some jobs.
Owners Son has an HD XR1200X for sale. I ride it. I buy it. I'm in love. It is a heck of a bike.

Fast forward to December. I've decided I must have a decent pair of riding boots for next season.
Closest BMW dealer is closing his doors at the end of the month.
I call and they have a few pairs of BMW boots in my size. I leave 10 minutes later.

Arrive at the dealer and while his Wife is leading me to the boots, I spot it!
I ask what the hell is that bike? She answers R9T Racer. I had no Idea that model existed.

I bought the boots and 5 days later I bought the bike, getting it into my garage just in time to sit and look at it for 4 months, till Winter finally leaves.

Looking forward to spending some time on the forum and maybe meeting some members come springtime.

Welcome,
I enjoyed reading your story , it made me snicker...
Hopefully we will get some riding weather soon for these new boxers !

Is always nice to have a bike that matches your boots :thumb
Nice story! Winter is almost gone, you will have a great season.
Is the bike new? Enjoy it!

It is new.
The clincher? BMW is holding the ticket for 5 years at 0%. How could I say no?
As an aside, my buddy in Va was so enamored with my bike, he bought one too!

Back