• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RV Sites?

mooch

Will the RV sites be on the same grounds as the main rally? I am hoping to take my kids withme and the only way will be with an RV. Plus then instead of staying in a hotel I can be on the rally grounds. I found some registration info at the exposition site for rv registration to reserve a site. Is that where I would register? I have never brought an rv to a rally before, anyone whos done it, how was your experience?

RV sites will be onsite at the fairgrounds. Check the committee chairperson list, there is a chairperson for RV's, John Borella, who will have all of the info you need. Rgistration has not started yet. Can't help you with staying in an RV at a rally, I have never done that.

Josh

mooch said:
Will the RV sites be on the same grounds as the main rally? I am hoping to take my kids withme and the only way will be with an RV. Plus then instead of staying in a hotel I can be on the rally grounds. I found some registration info at the exposition site for rv registration to reserve a site. Is that where I would register? I have never brought an rv to a rally before, anyone whos done it, how was your experience?
Mooch-Lima was our first rally and we came in a motorhome with our 2 dogs. We had full hookups in Lima, including 30A electric that ran the air, and sewer. We were just a stone's throw away from the BMW display area and the other vendors were nearby. Camping in a fairground is seldom a wilderness experience, but it worked very well for us. Looking forward to something similar in VT.

FYI, I was planning to stay at the fairgrounds campground for the whole week but the manager said that the on site campground would not be open to anyone till Wednesday the 19th. As I don't like to break camp half way through a stay, I went with a private campground in Colchester, LonePine Campground. Picture and layout looks just fine. And I thinks it's about 10 minutes from the rally site. Yes, not as conventient as being on site but more conventient for me spending a week in the area.

campground

I have stayed there, and nice CG, it is right next to ( I-89 )

I can vouch for Mallets Bay campground, although I was tenting.
All along Mallets Bay is lively summer action, rental cottages and it is relatively near the rally site.

http://www.cvfair.com/upload/BMW Camping 2006.pdf

Looking at the Rally webpage, I found link to Champlain Valley Expo Center, click on the EVents, and look way down the left column and you see BMW Rally with Bike.. I downloaded the form for camping to mail in...with payment.

The link above should bypass all of this... :)

Hope his helps... and is proper channel for RV sites...

Norwood said:
http://www.cvfair.com/upload/BMW Camping 2006.pdf

Looking at the Rally webpage, I found link to Champlain Valley Expo Center, click on the EVents, and look way down the left column and you see BMW Rally with Bike.. I downloaded the form for camping to mail in...with payment.

The link above should bypass all of this... :)

Hope his helps... and is proper channel for RV sites...
Follow up on the above post, I called this date, they have the reservations in hand, RV spaces/spots have not been assigned as of today, however they have my reservation papers... so see :bolt you there! :clap

Back