• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Omaha BMW Dealer

river-runner

Looking for information on the Service reputation of the Omaha BMW dealer. My wife and I will each be needing a 6,000 mile service and maybe tires about Omaha.

Very much appreciate any info you can provide.

Go Big Red!

Looking for information on the Service reputation of the Omaha BMW dealer. My wife and I will each be needing a 6,000 mile service and maybe tires about Omaha.

Go Big Red!

Headed from where to where?

Omaha BMW

Go Big Red!

I've purchased two BMW motorcycles from the Omaha store and they have done the majority of my service and maintenance work. Heath, their Master Service Technician, is #1 in my book. Helpful, knowledgeable and efficient. They are not paying me for this endorsement, I'm just that happy with their service. This has been my experience.

I was on my way from PA to the Billings rally a couple of years ago and my K bike developed a fuel leak in the Omaha area. I stopped at Omaha BMW on a Saturday and they took a look at the bike right away and told me I had leaking fuel injectors, which they had to order. They fixed the bike, and though I lost a couple of days due to the Sunday/Monday shop closure, they got me back on the road and I didn't miss any of the rally. I thought Omaha BMW did a great job.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like this shop has a pretty good reputation.

Will be nice to get back to NE in the spring. BUT - When do June Bugs show up?????????

Thanks everyone. Sounds like this shop has a pretty good reputation.

Will be nice to get back to NE in the spring. BUT - When do June Bugs show up?????????

Usually in May, River-runner. But, enough warm temps and a bright street light and there they are. Ouch!

I was on my way from PA to the Billings rally a couple of years ago and my K bike developed a fuel leak in the Omaha area. I stopped at Omaha BMW on a Saturday and they took a look at the bike right away and told me I had leaking fuel injectors, which they had to order. They fixed the bike, and though I lost a couple of days due to the Sunday/Monday shop closure, they got me back on the road and I didn't miss any of the rally. I thought Omaha BMW did a great job.

My experience with Omaha BMW was exactly the opposite. It was July, while returning home from the Salt Lake City Rally and my one wheel trailer's tire became unseated from the rim just outside of Omaha City. The tire shop installed a new tire but were unable to balance it. Balancing was recommended. Leaving the shop I noticed that the clock was not functioning. Stopped in at Omaha BMW where the mechanic had just gone to lunch. Waited an hour, without any conversation from the salesman or even an offer of a drink of water (temps were 100+F). The mechanic looked at the battery and decided the connections were secure and since it was an old, high mileage bike, things give up. As well he was too busy to balance the trailer's tire.

Left but soon discovered the turn signals were also not working. Replaced fuses but they kept blowing. Returned to Omaha BMW and the salesman and I discovered that something was wrong with the trailer's wiring causing the fuse problem. Unhooked that wiring, inserted another fuse, turn signals functioned and was sent on my way. Trailer sits lower than the bike's tail lights, so not a major problem.

Two nights later, first time while running at night, got pulled over for not having any rear lights. A second fuse had been blown when the trailer's wiring was damaged by the unseated tire. Yes, I should have checked all of the fuses and now realize that two circuits run the trailer's electrical. It was hot, I was tired and that's why I went to a dealership for assistance.

Friendly and helpful are not words to describe either the salesman nor the mechanic at this dealership.

I have had them work on my bikes when others have failed and I was happy with the quality of the work.

Just a personal observation on a prior comment. They keep the sales and service department staff separated, which I believe is a good thing. They have a service manager who works with the customers so the mechanics can focus and stay on task. If you have ever been to a shop where they have mechanics doing two or three things at once, you will appreciate this shop. It's too easy to make mistakes when you're not paying attention.

Disclosure, I have never bought a bike there (yet), but I have been visiting them once or twice a year since the shop opened. They get parts quickly and are accommodating. You should keep in mind, that this is not a large shop.

Back