• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Texa Diagnostics - GS911 competitor?

drneo66

I was paging through this month's Owners News and noticed the ad for Texa Diagnostic software. From the ad, it seems very close to the GS911 for BMW's diagnostic port. I searched both here and ADVrider and, surprisingly, came up empty.

I found a video on Youtube where they walk through using the device with a BMW. Anyone heard of this?

I looked all over but could not find the appropriate hook up port on my 62 R69S. Thank God it still starts on the first kick.

Friedle

Oh you damn Luddites!

The Texa product looks to be more expensive and not nearly as refined as the very well proven GS-911

I may be a Luddite, but I don't need no stinkin magic black box to know what might be wrong with my bike. :wave

Friedle :)

I may be a Luddite, but I don't need no stinkin magic black box to know what might be wrong with my bike. :wave

Friedle :)

True, but many of us have had to buy a $300+ device just to reset the oil change service reminder.
Some scooters have a similar service reminder indicator but most just require a button press to reset it.

True, but many of us have had to buy a $300+ device just to reset the oil change service reminder.
Some scooters have a similar service reminder indicator but most just require a button press to reset it.

Sucks to be you. :)

Friedle

Wowza! Thanks YeehaStephen for digging deeper. I was wondering if they were laying the groundwork for coming out with a device that was in competition with the GS911, but it seems like their market is for dealers only. I guess if I had a bunch of marine and OTR trucks hanging around, it may be worth the price.

Thanks!!

I kinda worded it "Dealer Level" because I think they are shooting for the serious hobbyist and/or the independent shops. Somebody that doesn't have access to the factory Motorrad (and Harley, etc) type computers. :violin
If you wanted all your MC riding buddies to hang out at your house :buds and bring free beer, one of these might pay for itself in no time! Ha!

I spoke with the local distributor in my area that handles the TEXA diagnostics. He told me that the software would do any OE diagnostics and the only thing I was not able to do is program the ECU. I will make a subsequent call to him to clarify exactly what that means.....like if you install LED driving lights,that “function”has to be turned on with the computer. He told me that the complete software is $1850 and if you get the software already loaded on one of their rugged tablets, it’s $2850. It also covers almost all makes of motorcycles and atvs as well as watercraft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Texa product looks to be more expensive and not nearly as refined as the very well proven GS-911

The GS-911 is "refined".

I have a GS-911 as well as other brand specific diagnostic tools for my Porsche and VW. The GS-911 was the most expensive of the bunch and does the least. The Ross-Tech for the VW was the least expensive and does the most as in coding, etc. Go figure!

Now when my GS-911 will allow me to switch the 12H time mode to 24H time mode in my R1200 GS Adventure LC, I'll be impressed. The Ross-Tech would.

Back