• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from mid-Michigan

Mike1326

New to BMWMOA but 2nd BMW bike. Previously owned a new-to-me bike, 2002 K1200RS, that had a little over 125K on it when I bought from a guy named Phil Mann. Loved that bike right up til I hit a deer one night and watched it burn up along side the road until it was almost non-existent. Seven years later I now own a 2017 K1600 GTL. Already had it out a few times within the past 60 days. Awww....freedom.

Anyway, looking forward to warm weather for lots of touring.

Mike

Mike,

Welcome from west side of the state.
Is the "beet" in your username related to the product that is farmed in the mid and east part of the state......?

Quite a story about the demise of your other bike. Yikes.

You have had some rides this year already, great!

Welcome to the BMW MOA Mike. I am located just south of Lansing, what part of Mid-Michigan is home for the K1600? I really like that bike, along with the RT model. The RT won out at the end after several long test rides on each bike.

Mike,

Welcome from west side of the state.
Is the "beet" in your username related to the product that is farmed in the mid and east part of the state......?

Quite a story about the demise of your other bike. Yikes.

You have had some rides this year already, great!

"mozitbeet" is a poor phonetic sound for a Russian word that means "perhaps." A long time ago I thought it quite appropriate for my life and so it became by email username.

Yep, I was extremely fortunate that night.

How long have you been riding?

Welcome to the BMW MOA Mike. I am located just south of Lansing, what part of Mid-Michigan is home for the K1600? I really like that bike, along with the RT model. The RT won out at the end after several long test rides on each bike.

I'm in DeWitt. My wife convinced me that the K1600 was the better choice, more room for two.

Get ready for this upcoming Sunday: sunny and 52F!
Enjoy every minute of it, will not last long!
Welcome to the forum!:wave

Hello Mike,
Welcome. I'm in Harbor Beach in the tip of the Thumb. The Great Lakes Circle Tour around the Thumb can be an interesting ride. Flat and straight but some nice views of Lake Huron. If you ever ride around it, give me a shout.

Welcome!

Hello Mike,
Welcome. I'm in Harbor Beach in the tip of the Thumb. The Great Lakes Circle Tour around the Thumb can be an interesting ride. Flat and straight but some nice views of Lake Huron. If you ever ride around it, give me a shout.

Hi Mike - welcome to the group from southern MI. I'm in Kalamazoo. We're not far from some awesome riding and warm weather!
Jerry
2010 R1200RT

Back