• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new member in Door County, Wisconsin

allemande

Hello everybody,
this is my first post. I hope it works correctly...
I just renewed my membership with BMW MOA for the first time in 25 years. Yep, I used to be a member in the early 1990s when I lived in San Francisco and owned 2 K100s and an R75/5. Back in those days I was obsessed with long distance riding so that 'little 1200 mile weekend excursions' were the norm.
Life got in the way of life and riding had to yield to other things. But now, I'm back in the saddle of a nice 2002 R1150RT with 56K miles, a very nice bike. Tupperware is currently off, new battery has been bought, waiting for warmer weather to do a fluid change, and finally go riding in Door County, WI and beyond. I'll be at the Des Moines rally. Peace and safe travels!
Hans Reumschuessel
Sturgeon Bay WI

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2724.jpg
    IMG_2724.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2726.jpg
    IMG_2726.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 79
Welcome! Beautiful bike(except it has a green spot) and I hope you enjoy it. This is a great bunch of people here, and I never met anyone from WI I didn't like, so.................:)

New member in Door County

Hello everybody,
this is my first post. I hope it works correctly...
I just renewed my membership with BMW MOA for the first time in 25 years. Yep, I used to be a member in the early 1990s when I lived in San Francisco and owned 2 K100s and an R75/5. Back in those days I was obsessed with long distance riding so that 'little 1200 mile weekend excursions' were the norm.
Life got in the way of life and riding had to yield to other things. But now, I'm back in the saddle of a nice 2002 R1150RT with 56K miles, a very nice bike. Tupperware is currently off, new battery has been bought, waiting for warmer weather to do a fluid change, and finally go riding in Door County, WI and beyond. I'll be at the Des Moines rally. Peace and safe travels!
Hans Reumschuessel
Sturgeon Bay WI

Welcome! Very nice bike...and you get to ride it around beautiful Door County, bonus!!

Jerry

Welcome! Beautiful bike(except it has a green spot) and I hope you enjoy it. This is a great bunch of people here, and I never met anyone from WI I didn't like, so.................:)

Hi Gail,

that photo was taken at the dealer in March of 2017. The green spot indicated that the bike was checked out. It's gone now.

Best wishes,
Hans

Hello
I will be up the Door this Summer. My wife's family has a cottage in the Sturgeon Bay area ,so we head from time to time. We live in Hortonville so not too far away. I hope we can meet so time.
Enjoy your beautiful bike.

Hello from Virginia Hans!

I'll be riding from coastal VA to the rally with an extended stop in Monroe WI for a family visit. Hope to see you there.

Hans,

Good that you are back at it.

You have had BMWs for 25 years, and you recently got an '02 R1150RT. My observation has been that guys like me with no experience/exposure to BMWs get an '02 R1150RT.

I havent seen a black one before. Yours sure looks nice.

You say you were in San Fransisco .... were you in San Diego in Feb 2015 ....?

Looks like you were able to reuse you original MOA number.

Do post more of your adventures.

Last edited:
Back