Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: 2015 GTL Trailer??

  1. #16
    This company is on my radar for a future trailer purchase: https://thirdwheeltrailers.com/

  2. #17
    I took a look at the third Wheel Trailers. I my opinion, it just doesn't have the same aerodynamic look as the Uni-Go.

    Ron

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    465
    I don't feel the aerodynamics of the trailer are that important. The trailer sits in the turbulence behind the bike, not in clean air. The one trailer I built is a rectangular diamond plate tool box, 36" long x 24" wide x 20" tall. I get the same MPG with or without it.

    Ultraandtrailersmall.jpg

  4. #19
    RK Ryder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,871
    I pull an Amoric trailer behind my bikes. It is seven cubic feet, (two cubic feet larger than a Unigo) and more reasonably priced. It comes with a centre stand for when parked without the bike. The company produces two model styles. http://armoricdesign.com/en/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Niagara Riders & Knights of the Roundel #333

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Edgewood WA
    Posts
    8
    Hey Thanks for the post. I started this thread and am still waiting on my Uni-go even though I ordered it in Oct 2018. So I looked up Armoric and called them. They said they aren't DOT certified here in the U.S.. I like the Sport trailer they have and especially the large opening I just wish it was certified, I'd tell Uni-go Bob to pound sand. I've waited so long and have heard soooo many excuses why my trailer still hasn't shipped. I lost patience long ago and am only waiting on Uni-go because I really like their trailers. Bill

  6. #21
    I wanted that trailer over the Uni-go. Unfortunately, they do not import them to the US...yet!

    Ron



    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    I pull an Amoric trailer behind my bikes. It is seven cubic feet, (two cubic feet larger than a Unigo) and more reasonably priced. It comes with a centre stand for when parked without the bike. The company produces two model styles. http://armoricdesign.com/en/

  7. #22

    New Unigo delivered today.

    My new Unigo trailer was delivered today. I was not impressed
    With the quality or workmanship.

    Look at the screws holding the lid...9 of one kind
    And a Phillips thrown in. WTF???
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotron46 View Post
    My new Unigo trailer was delivered today. I was not impressed
    With the quality or workmanship.

    Look at the screws holding the lid...9 of one kind
    And a Phillips thrown in. WTF???
    That photo needs to be sent to the owner of Unigo with exactly the same "WTF" question. A little embarrassment would do him or her good.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Edgewood WA
    Posts
    8

    It's here!

    I ordered my Uni-go trailer last October. I heard every excuse in the book from "Bob" but decided for a couple reasons to hang in there and wait. After-all it's Washington and we've only had plenty of rain. The trailer arrived April 5th on and "Old Dominion" delivery truck. Everything looked perfect, it was finally here and I wired it and while down on the floor I noticed a little gap in the lid seal. I put a flashlight in it, turned out the lights and took a picture to send back to Bob. He was quick to be able to send me a larger seal (a bit taller) and I thought great things until I did install it, closed the lid and I still see the flashlight. I'm immediately #*&$@?!-off and realized the taller seal pushed up on the lid and it made "wings" out the sides of it. So here's where time and a few adult beverages make me look at it differently (after all it should be perfect, right?). This last Saturday we took it on an empty test ride, ended up putting 100 miles on it. I had to find it's shadow when the sun was just right because otherwise I wouldn't know it was there (yes there was a sun peeking through the clouds periodically). I can't tell one way or another and I'm wondering if 60 pounds or so would help me feel it. My buddy said "really, did you think you'd feel it while your pulling it with that"? OK at least mine came with all the same screws, but they did put the license holder on upside down. I love the look, can't feel it and I love having enough room to go camping with it. I like knowing that If I swerve to miss a hole, the trailer will follow right behind and miss it too.
    We'll see.
    Thanks to all of those who have helped with ideas and things to look out for. I'll try to post a picture of it when I get a minute.
    wgcummins

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by wgcummins View Post
    I ordered my Uni-go trailer last October. I heard every excuse in the book from "Bob" but decided for a couple reasons to hang in there and wait. After-all it's Washington and we've only had plenty of rain. The trailer arrived April 5th on and "Old Dominion" delivery truck. Everything looked perfect, it was finally here and I wired it and while down on the floor I noticed a little gap in the lid seal. I put a flashlight in it, turned out the lights and took a picture to send back to Bob. He was quick to be able to send me a larger seal (a bit taller) and I thought great things until I did install it, closed the lid and I still see the flashlight. I'm immediately #*&$@?!-off and realized the taller seal pushed up on the lid and it made "wings" out the sides of it. So here's where time and a few adult beverages make me look at it differently (after all it should be perfect, right?). This last Saturday we took it on an empty test ride, ended up putting 100 miles on it. I had to find it's shadow when the sun was just right because otherwise I wouldn't know it was there (yes there was a sun peeking through the clouds periodically). I can't tell one way or another and I'm wondering if 60 pounds or so would help me feel it. My buddy said "really, did you think you'd feel it while your pulling it with that"? OK at least mine came with all the same screws, but they did put the license holder on upside down. I love the look, can't feel it and I love having enough room to go camping with it. I like knowing that If I swerve to miss a hole, the trailer will follow right behind and miss it too.
    We'll see.
    Thanks to all of those who have helped with ideas and things to look out for. I'll try to post a picture of it when I get a minute.
    wgcummins
    Glad you got things worked out. We are waiting for the return of our seat from Russell Day-Long, then off to enjoy our camping adventures. I have had fun researching and purchasing new camping equipment to use. I went with the Redverz Atacama tent. All we have let for purchase is compact sleeping g bags and sleeping pads. We want them to be very compact, yet I move a lot while sleeping, so I will need a bit of room. Also if not bags can be connected would be a big bonus (my wife and I still like each other). Other than those items, I think we are set.

  11. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    465
    I bought a used Unigo last fall and just got done going through it and repainting it. I often wonder how many of these little trailers exist? I tour a fair amount and mine is the first one I have seen in the wild. It also makes me wonder how many new Unigos are manufactured each year? I have a suspicion it is not very many. It might be the reason it can take so long to get one. Low production numbers make tough planning for production and might explain why it can take a while to get one.

    I have built a couple of single wheel trailers myself and have riders ask me to build one for them, or tell me I should go into production. Not gonna happen!

  12. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Edgewood WA
    Posts
    8

    2000 miles later......

    The Uni-go has been fantastic! Even during rainy travel nothing gets wet inside, so I guess the gap in the lid isn't big deal. We load it down with about 60-70 pounds in it and I can feel it pull a little, other than that I don't know it's there. After it stops though, I have to be careful to not let it go past the tipping point because it changes greatly with trailer on the bike. We have thoroughly enjoyed being able to have enough "stuff" with us this Summer. Being able to get to the hotel, unhook the trailer and take it inside, was huge. We went down to Shasta California and had a Russell Day-Long saddle put on our bike. What a huge difference there too, all our stuff and a comfy seat. I think we're set.
    I didn't like waiting so long for it, but in the end, it was worth it.
    Thanks Again to all.
    I wanted to attach a picture but I just can't figure out how to do so.

  13. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Edgewood WA
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    I bought a used Unigo last fall and just got done going through it and repainting it. I often wonder how many of these little trailers exist? I tour a fair amount and mine is the first one I have seen in the wild. It also makes me wonder how many new Unigos are manufactured each year? I have a suspicion it is not very many. It might be the reason it can take so long to get one. Low production numbers make tough planning for production and might explain why it can take a while to get one.

    I have built a couple of single wheel trailers myself and have riders ask me to build one for them, or tell me I should go into production. Not gonna happen!
    The guy indicated they sell 10 +/- per year. He also said a few years ago he sold many more, not so much now. I guess people aren't spending their money on stuff like this now-a-days.

  14. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by wgcummins View Post
    The guy indicated they sell 10 +/- per year. He also said a few years ago he sold many more, not so much now. I guess people aren't spending their money on stuff like this now-a-days.

    I would have thought more than that. Those numbers make it really tough to build them and make a profit. Every trailer built is almost like a custom build as I am sure they build to order, one at a time.

    I put on a couple thousand miles this summer dragging the Unigo behind my R1200RT. It pulled great. Very satisfied with it.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

  15. #30
    I had a Unigo when I rode an LT and now I pull one with my GTL. I definitely recommend it, particularly if you travel long miles two-up. I probably pulled the one on my LT over 20k miles. I have taken the Unigo on the GTL only a couple of thousand miles on the GTL but in two weeks I will give it a good test because we are leaving on a 6,000 mile cross country trip.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. 7Mts Campout, 2015 version Aug 28-30 2015
    By kaldewaay in forum Regional Northeast
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2015, 07:01 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 03:34 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 03:30 PM
  4. Need a trailer
    By Londoner in forum Regional Midwest
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 06:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •