• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2015 GTL Trailer??

New Unigo delivered today.

My new Unigo trailer was delivered today. I was not impressed
With the quality or workmanship.

Look at the screws holding the lid...9 of one kind
And a Phillips thrown in. WTF???

Attachments

• 19DC664F-A26A-4312-BF7A-CD7A08CB263E.jpg
    19DC664F-A26A-4312-BF7A-CD7A08CB263E.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 113
My new Unigo trailer was delivered today. I was not impressed
With the quality or workmanship.

Look at the screws holding the lid...9 of one kind
And a Phillips thrown in. WTF???

That photo needs to be sent to the owner of Unigo with exactly the same "WTF" :scratch question. A little embarrassment would do him or her good. :banghead

It's here!

I ordered my Uni-go trailer last October. I heard every excuse in the book from "Bob" but decided for a couple reasons to hang in there and wait. After-all it's Washington and we've only had plenty of rain. The trailer arrived April 5th on and "Old Dominion" delivery truck. Everything looked perfect, it was finally here and I wired it and while down on the floor I noticed a little gap in the lid seal. I put a flashlight in it, turned out the lights and took a picture to send back to Bob. He was quick to be able to send me a larger seal (a bit taller) and I thought great things until I did install it, closed the lid and I still see the flashlight. I'm immediately #*&$@?!-off and realized the taller seal pushed up on the lid and it made "wings" out the sides of it. So here's where time and a few adult beverages make me look at it differently (after all it should be perfect, right?). This last Saturday we took it on an empty test ride, ended up putting 100 miles on it. I had to find it's shadow when the sun was just right because otherwise I wouldn't know it was there (yes there was a sun peeking through the clouds periodically). I can't tell one way or another and I'm wondering if 60 pounds or so would help me feel it. My buddy said "really, did you think you'd feel it while your pulling it with that"? OK at least mine came with all the same screws, but they did put the license holder on upside down. I love the look, can't feel it and I love having enough room to go camping with it. I like knowing that If I swerve to miss a hole, the trailer will follow right behind and miss it too.
We'll see.
Thanks to all of those who have helped with ideas and things to look out for. I'll try to post a picture of it when I get a minute.
wgcummins

I ordered my Uni-go trailer last October. I heard every excuse in the book from "Bob" but decided for a couple reasons to hang in there and wait. After-all it's Washington and we've only had plenty of rain. The trailer arrived April 5th on and "Old Dominion" delivery truck. Everything looked perfect, it was finally here and I wired it and while down on the floor I noticed a little gap in the lid seal. I put a flashlight in it, turned out the lights and took a picture to send back to Bob. He was quick to be able to send me a larger seal (a bit taller) and I thought great things until I did install it, closed the lid and I still see the flashlight. I'm immediately #*&$@?!-off and realized the taller seal pushed up on the lid and it made "wings" out the sides of it. So here's where time and a few adult beverages make me look at it differently (after all it should be perfect, right?). This last Saturday we took it on an empty test ride, ended up putting 100 miles on it. I had to find it's shadow when the sun was just right because otherwise I wouldn't know it was there (yes there was a sun peeking through the clouds periodically). I can't tell one way or another and I'm wondering if 60 pounds or so would help me feel it. My buddy said "really, did you think you'd feel it while your pulling it with that"? OK at least mine came with all the same screws, but they did put the license holder on upside down. I love the look, can't feel it and I love having enough room to go camping with it. I like knowing that If I swerve to miss a hole, the trailer will follow right behind and miss it too.
We'll see.
Thanks to all of those who have helped with ideas and things to look out for. I'll try to post a picture of it when I get a minute.
wgcummins

Glad you got things worked out. We are waiting for the return of our seat from Russell Day-Long, then off to enjoy our camping adventures. I have had fun researching and purchasing new camping equipment to use. I went with the Redverz Atacama tent. All we have let for purchase is compact sleeping g bags and sleeping pads. We want them to be very compact, yet I move a lot while sleeping, so I will need a bit of room. Also if not bags can be connected would be a big bonus (my wife and I still like each other). Other than those items, I think we are set.

I bought a used Unigo last fall and just got done going through it and repainting it. I often wonder how many of these little trailers exist? I tour a fair amount and mine is the first one I have seen in the wild. It also makes me wonder how many new Unigos are manufactured each year? I have a suspicion it is not very many. It might be the reason it can take so long to get one. Low production numbers make tough planning for production and might explain why it can take a while to get one.

I have built a couple of single wheel trailers myself and have riders ask me to build one for them, or tell me I should go into production. Not gonna happen!

2000 miles later......

The Uni-go has been fantastic! Even during rainy travel nothing gets wet inside, so I guess the gap in the lid isn't big deal. We load it down with about 60-70 pounds in it and I can feel it pull a little, other than that I don't know it's there. After it stops though, I have to be careful to not let it go past the tipping point because it changes greatly with trailer on the bike. We have thoroughly enjoyed being able to have enough "stuff" with us this Summer. Being able to get to the hotel, unhook the trailer and take it inside, was huge. We went down to Shasta California and had a Russell Day-Long saddle put on our bike. What a huge difference there too, all our stuff and a comfy seat. I think we're set.
I didn't like waiting so long for it, but in the end, it was worth it.
Thanks Again to all.
I wanted to attach a picture but I just can't figure out how to do so.

I bought a used Unigo last fall and just got done going through it and repainting it. I often wonder how many of these little trailers exist? I tour a fair amount and mine is the first one I have seen in the wild. It also makes me wonder how many new Unigos are manufactured each year? I have a suspicion it is not very many. It might be the reason it can take so long to get one. Low production numbers make tough planning for production and might explain why it can take a while to get one.

I have built a couple of single wheel trailers myself and have riders ask me to build one for them, or tell me I should go into production. Not gonna happen!
The guy indicated they sell 10 +/- per year. He also said a few years ago he sold many more, not so much now. I guess people aren't spending their money on stuff like this now-a-days.

The guy indicated they sell 10 +/- per year. He also said a few years ago he sold many more, not so much now. I guess people aren't spending their money on stuff like this now-a-days.

I would have thought more than that. Those numbers make it really tough to build them and make a profit. Every trailer built is almost like a custom build as I am sure they build to order, one at a time.

I put on a couple thousand miles this summer dragging the Unigo behind my R1200RT. It pulled great. Very satisfied with it.

I had a Unigo when I rode an LT and now I pull one with my GTL. I definitely recommend it, particularly if you travel long miles two-up. I probably pulled the one on my LT over 20k miles. I have taken the Unigo on the GTL only a couple of thousand miles on the GTL but in two weeks I will give it a good test because we are leaving on a 6,000 mile cross country trip.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back