• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Odyssey PC680- Which adapters for cables?

motodan

My newly acquired '08 RT had a $26.95 battery in it for who knows how long Going to get an Odyssey PC680, which adapters do I need? Or do I need any? The Odyssey PC680 appears to have "top" bolt downward terminals...my '08's cables were hooked up in similair manner. Question is, in factory stock configuration are cables compatible with where Odyssey PC680 terminal holes are located or is it a further reach?

On my '06 the cables don't quite reach, but my PC-680 came with adapters in the box, like these:
15988937f04bf076a17ae8bbda3165a7.jpg

Some vendors charge $5-10 for them. You might contact the seller in advance and ask.

Some people make their own - smash a short piece of copper pipe flat, bend and drill.

The PC-680 is a little smaller than the standard battery, so you'll need to make some spacers to hold it in place. Also the cover protecting the positive terminal will not fit.

I cut up a 5-gallon bucket lid to fill the space and protect the terminal.

36071760624_edbd9c7c03_z.jpg

Followup on adapters and the pc680

I too have a 2006 rt and had been considering the pc680. Your comments regarding cable length jumped out at me and now I'm wondering how short were the cables and did you replace/extend the cables or opt for a different battery?

Thank You
Brian K

Re-reading my post, I see how I was not clear. With the L-shaped adapters, the stock cables are fine with the PC-680. I think I might have made the PC-680 work without the brackets, but the positive would have been in tension.

At least that's how I remember it - it's been six years.

The adaptors almost always work better. Sometimes a twist of the cable works - but the adapters are a better choice. It isn't really cable length - it is the twist.

Received L brackets with PC680, but found cables would work as direct application. Had to reroute since terminals on battery were flopped from original cable placement, but appears they'll work with minor retwist.

Attachments

• IMG_3744.jpg
    IMG_3744.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 145
My newly acquired '08 RT had a $26.95 battery in it for who knows how long Going to get an Odyssey PC680, which adapters do I need? Or do I need any? The Odyssey PC680 appears to have "top" bolt downward terminals...my '08's cables were hooked up in similair manner. Question is, in factory stock configuration are cables compatible with where Odyssey PC680 terminal holes are located or is it a further reach?
Instal looks good :thumb
Going to at a bit to the title and "Tag" it to help others.
OM

Back