• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Curry color paint

Hi gang
Restoring a set of wixom bags and was/am all excited. Found a rattle can paint color from rust-oleum called universal and the color is sienna mist. Cleaned up bags and sprayed a test patch on the back side of the bag to see how it looks. Paint seems gooey and rubbery when dry and loads up sandpaper with goo, not dust. Going a different route now. Thought a good prep on the bags with a rattle can finish would work ok but now need a good auto paint. Ordered glasarat paint from holt before and although great stuff im looking for paint from a local vender. So my question is whats the number of curry paint in a PPG or major auto paint color.
Thanks

curry paint color

Hi gang
Restoring a set of wixom bags and was/am all excited. Found a rattle can paint color from rust-oleum called universal and the color is sienna mist. Cleaned up bags and sprayed a test patch on the back side of the bag to see how it looks. Paint seems gooey and rubbery when dry and loads up sandpaper with goo, not dust. Going a different route now. Thought a good prep on the bags with a rattle can finish would work ok but now need a good auto paint. Ordered glasarat paint from holt before and although great stuff im looking for paint from a local vender. So my question is whats the number of curry paint in a PPG or major auto paint color.
Thanks
Hi
I'm still looking for curry color paint in the Boston area. I have glasurit paint codes. So I called holt and they no longer have curry color. Called local paint store and they can not computer match paint because tank and fenders are not flat. They need a flat surface in order for the camera to work. Called Ray Atwood and he did not have any paint or know where to get it. I went to my body man and he now shoots water base and when he looked up the code in a BSAF paint it was the wrong color so for those two reasons I am still looking. So if anyone has painted with curry paint from a different paint vender other than glasurit, could you let me know.
Thanks
Brian

If this curry color was a BMW color offered on a bike, I have used ColorRite.com to match a color. Their archive site is their facility on the East coast, they can supply paint in either a rattle can or bulk.
Rattle can is not cheap, but I went that route due to ease of application.

Since the bike is old, I have had to contact them, provide information and they can look it up for match.

Back