• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What do I have?

DARKCLOUD

Bought two K75's one is an 1993 K75RT. The other is a 1995 K75. The previous owner took parts from the RT to make a fairing for the 95 K75 that didn't have a fairing. The title on the 1995 says it is a K75. How can I determine if the 95 K75 is a plain K75 or a K75S? BMW shop says they can't determine anything with the VIN. The 95 does not have ABS.

The easy way to tell if a bike was originally a US spec S is the last six digits of the VIN are 15xxxx.

Your dealer is wrong. On the K75, the VIN will tell the model, the date it was built, the date it was wholesaled, the date it was first retailed, the original color, and what options were installed at the factory.

Titles do not necessarily reflect the correct model, as they are filled out by dealers, subsequent owners, or DMV clerks who don't generally know what they are talking about.

:dance:dance:dance

Titles do not necessarily reflect the correct model, as they are filled out by dealers, subsequent owners, or DMV clerks who don't generally know what they are talking about.

:dance:dance:dance

Years ago, in Kansas, we bought an R65. This was during the year that Kansas was changing from a shelf full of books to a computer system showing makes, models, years, fees, etc. So I show up with a Missouri title for an R65. The pleasant lady looked at her screen and typed on her keyboard and told me BMW did not make an R65. "Oh" says I. "It is right outside". She scratched her head, looked some more, called over another lady, conversed some more, and then told me Missouri must have made a mistake - it must be an R60/5. Since this had now been 15 or 20 minutes of pondering, I simply responded. "Whatever - that must be it."

I got my license plate and registration, and eventually my title. On the title the state had corrected her mistake based on the VIN. And they all lived happily ever after. :)

Back