• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Universal I-am-OK-No-need-to-stop signal?

I always put my helmet on the ground unless its a gutter. I have learned that gravity always wins and when you come back it will be on the ground.

We used to sit our helmets on the ground until one time in Texas a rider told us Texas has scorpions.

We usually hang our helmets from a hook we have attached to the luggage rack.

123 Big Piney (2).JPG

You can see the hook in this picture.
Bentonville BMW.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Lee a good idea, I did encounter unexpected tiny red ants on a Michigan beach. Noticed before departure!

THAT IS a good idea, and I have some of those hooks! Thanks for sharing. BTW...Bentonville is a very good dealer, and Denise in parts department is #1. :thumb

Will try to find that double clip hook. I think I have seen at Ace Hardware. I still carry an aluminum TEE shaped lock attachment thats made to slide through the chin lock but it is too thick to use on the Shoei, was great with Nolan and others.

Will try to find that double clip hook. I think I have seen at Ace Hardware. I still carry an aluminum TEE shaped lock attachment thats made to slide through the chin lock but it is too thick to use on the Shoei, was great with Nolan and others.

I just got one a few weeks ago at a True Value hardware store in the section by the key machine.

I just got one a few weeks ago at a True Value hardware store in the section by the key machine.

Pretty common in hardware stores and outdoor stores like REI.
Walmart used to have them, but the last time I looked our local store did not.

A common brand is Nite Ize.

S-Binder.jpg

Just picked up some of their stuff at Home Depot. They make a very small S-biner that is just right for clipping my door opener to the tankbag.

Best,
DG

I remember hearing about the helmet on the shoulder next to the bike years ago but never liked putting my helmet on the ground. I have been riding for 36 years and evidently have been oblivious to these signals. I usually just give the thumbs up if I'm ok and don't need assistance. if I need immediate assistance I will wave someone down. I have always clipped my chin strap and hung my helmet over the handle bar. I like the use of the Nite Ize S hook for hanging helmets off the luggage rack. My daughter or son will ride with me from time to time and that is perfect. I can keep a few S hooks in my bag and use one or two as needed and I don't have to worry about the helmet falling. Thanks for the idea. I think I will also get one to hang my gloves on so they can hang dry on a stop on those hot summer days where they get a little sweaty.

Jay

Back