• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TFT Display on R1200GSA

vfroger

Rider
I have a new GSA with the TFT display. I have paired my Iphone 6S and Sena 20S with it. I have access to the phone and music via the display, but not the navigation. I have deleted the pairings and started over and still no navigation. I have also downloaded the maps onto my phone which shouldn't be necessary when you have a phone signal. I have followed the owner's manual directions as I read them. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Roger

1200GS TFT Nav

Congrats on your GSA - I just got one 2 weeks ago. Awesome machine.

-For the TFT Nav to work you have to have the iPhone/Android BMW Connected app working and connecting correctly to the TFT. To be honest if you have the Navigator VI, the TFT nav is really superfluous. If you still choose to use the app, then you have to set up the route you want in the BMW Connected app on your iPhone and then launch it in the app to have it work in the TFT. All you will get are basic instructions like turn here, turn there with arrows. Any route changes have to happen on the phone.

Note: Connecting the App to the TFT has been problematic due to TFT Bluetooth issues. recommend that you check with your dealer as there is a new service pack (Software Version: 001_015_060) for the TFT unit that addresses a lot of the BT issues.

YouTube Video about the changes: https://goo.gl/27r695

Note: Installing the service pack takes about 2.5 - 3 hours as it completely re-flashes the whole unit.

I have a new GSA with the TFT display. I have paired my Iphone 6S and Sena 20S with it. I have access to the phone and music via the display, but not the navigation. I have deleted the pairings and started over and still no navigation. I have also downloaded the maps onto my phone which shouldn't be necessary when you have a phone signal. I have followed the owner's manual directions as I read them. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Roger

Congrats on your GSA - I just got one 2 weeks ago. Awesome machine.

-For the TFT Nav to work you have to have the iPhone/Android BMW Connected app working and connecting correctly to the TFT. To be honest if you have the Navigator VI, the TFT nav is really superfluous. If you still choose to use the app, then you have to set up the route you want in the BMW Connected app on your iPhone and then launch it in the app to have it work in the TFT. All you will get are basic instructions like turn here, turn there with arrows. Any route changes have to happen on the phone.

Note: Connecting the App to the TFT has been problematic due to TFT Bluetooth issues. recommend that you check with your dealer as there is a new service pack (Software Version: 001_015_060) for the TFT unit that addresses a lot of the BT issues.

YouTube Video about the changes: https://goo.gl/27r695

Note: Installing the service pack takes about 2.5 - 3 hours as it completely re-flashes the whole unit.

Perhaps the service pack is needed. I have the app, have downloaded North America maps, and am connected to the TFT. I have phone, music, but no nav no matter what I do. I have a Nav V and I agree, the nav function on the TFT isn't needed. I just wanted it to work.

TFT Bluetooth Blues

Perhaps the service pack is needed. I have the app, have downloaded North America maps, and am connected to the TFT. I have phone, music, but no nav no matter what I do. I have a Nav V and I agree, the nav function on the TFT isn't needed. I just wanted it to work.

I've been fighting the same battle since I picked up my '18 GSA about 3 weeks ago. I eventually came to the conclusion I would connect both the phone and headset to the Nav VI via Bluetooth and forget the TFT. Now the phone works as well as turn by turn navigation and MP3 music from the GPS.

Still trying to figure out how to work my radar detector into the mix. I bought a Sena SM10 bluetooth adapter to send the audio to my Sena 20S headset - which it does. The problem is when I'm playing music from the GPS the radar detector audio from the SM10 is muted in the headset. The desired behavior would be for that audio to be heard at about the same volume as the music. But no.

I suspect it's some obscure behavior of the Bluetooth protocols that doesn't respect prioritization or multi-task. Whoever sends audio first gets to talk.

Have you tried using the Sena app to set up your 20S? There are options for multi-sourced audio and the volume "mix" level.

Back