• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pure Stodge Iowa Rally

Hi everyone
The Pure Stodge Iowa Rally is from 06/07 to 06/10 2018. This will be at the Middle Amana Park. Lots of shady camping, great riding ,charity events. Great meals Fri and Sat .Also great live Music Fri and Sat. We hope you can make it. It is a good time. Also enjoy the Amana experience with many shops and lots to do. We are very family friendly.

Happy Rally Season and Ride Safe
Steve from Iowa

Happy to hear the Iowa Rally is at the Middle Amana park again, it's such a great spot. I'll be there again!!

2019 for me... and if held your customary weekend that would be June 6 till 9.
That will make for a very nice "boot-start"... to the TN's MOA National the following week in June of 2019

"travel'n" john

Last edited:
Pure Stodge Food

This years food will be excellent. Prime rib sandwich Friday and Bacon wrapped pork loin Saturday.
RIDE SAFE
STEVE FROM iOWA

Stodge

Sounds like great fun but same weekend as Illinois Airhead Campout, wish I could be in 2 places at once.

Almost time

Hey everyone
It is almost time for our rally again. We want to wish everyone safe travels. Our goal is for everyone to just enjoy themselves and go home to their families.

RIDE SAFE

Steve from Iowa

Great rally!

Steve and the gang from the Pure Stodge Touring Club did a FANTASTIC job hosting the 42nd Iowa Rally this past weekend! We arrived until Friday afternoon and were greeted by smiling faces of attendees and the registration crew (this is the way everyone is greeted when you go to the Iowa rally). The Friday evening provided meal was a prime rib sandwich (guessing 12 oz or more and thick) with 2 sides and cookie desert. Excellently prepared, served medium, flavorful and tender...one of the best rally meals I've ever enjoyed! A great band followed supper and featured some really talented players.

Saturday the fun continued with a hearty breakfast at the Ox Yoke in Amana followed by a ride to local dealers - Ned's in Riverside (serving free hot dogs, soda, and popcorn) and BMW Motorcycles Iowa City (serving free root beer floats). Thick Iowa pork fillets with 2 sides and desert was Saturday's supper...another excellent meal! And a great 3 piece acoustic band to round out the evening. Well almost...once it got dark we were alerted of a possible tornado and severe thunderstorm warning. Fortunately we were on the very southern edge of the storm, no tornado and no heavy winds. However we were treated to a lightening show of epic proportions as we watched it and the band from under cover of the pavilion. Better than 4th of July fireworks! Yes we had some rain but no big deal.

The rally attendance was down this year, I'm guessing because many of us are going to Des Moines in July. As someone pointed out it's not the quantity of attendees, but, the quality of attendees. We've been attending the Iowa rally for years - first at Demster's farm, then Kolona, Marengo and now Middle Amana. This was truly a great rally and the host club should be very proud of a "job well done"! Thank you for all your hard work.

I thought it might be a rainy rally but it worked out that we only had rain at night or early morning.
We only had 20 miles or so of wet roads on Sunday morning, then by watching the weather radar on my Navigator we were able to work around the storms on the way home.

Back