• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding to Alaska from California

sailnride

Anyone interested in riding North this Summer? I am in the Bay Area and looking at around June to ride to Fairbanks or ?
I have not been there yet - I am now shopping for a 1200GS to make the trip. I ride a K1600 GT and own a K1200 RS as well
(that doesn't get ridden much). I rode to NYC in 2016 and back to California over Canada via Seattle and made it solo which was pretty awesome - going to Alaska it would be nice to have another beamer or 2 to take up more highway. I'm past retirement age but still working in my company - and have a passion and time for road trips.

Cheers,

Curt Wear
Greenbrae, CA

Hello Curt........my Bride and I are planning a ride way north to the west side this June as well. Actually hoping to leave sometime during the last week of May. We plan on taking the Cassier HWY north to the Yukon and then head into Alaska. Our ride in still in the planning stages as we prefer not riding according to a set schedule. I should be able to fanangle the entire month of June off of work so that should leave us plenty of time to explore. FYI in June there is a rally in Dawson City Yukon called the Dusk to Dawn Rally (D2D) you may want to Google it to find out more. Maybe we'll see each other on the road at some point :wave

Ride north to Prince Rupert, BC. Hop on the Alaska Marine Highway ferry to Haines, and then from Haines
ride North!!

Hello Curt........my Bride and I are planning a ride way north to the west side this June as well. Actually hoping to leave sometime during the last week of May. We plan on taking the Cassier HWY north to the Yukon and then head into Alaska. Our ride in still in the planning stages as we prefer not riding according to a set schedule. I should be able to fanangle the entire month of June off of work so that should leave us plenty of time to explore. FYI in June there is a rally in Dawson City Yukon called the Dusk to Dawn Rally (D2D) you may want to Google it to find out more. Maybe we'll see each other on the road at some point :wave

It is called Dust 2 Dawson and you can read about it HERE. Whatever you do, do not call it a rally........ :gerg

Hi Snookers!
Sorry for the delay in getting back - I don't visit this site often - sounds like a very cool trip - excuse pun - like you I am still in the planning mode so I will be firming up plans. I was actually looking at a couple GS bikes today to purchase one so I am keen to go. Let's stay in touch to see if coordination is possible. I plan to go solo - wife is not a fan of my bike trips. I plan to go the Cassier Hwy as well and then see where the road takes me in AK - maybe a loop up to the Arctic Circle to say I've been there - Idon't feel the need to go to Prudhoe Bay at this point...

This will be my first trip to Alaska so I am ready to be amazed - I'm pretty flexible and my style is easy going - please stay in touch and see where our roads lead.

Cheers,

Curt

Adios Muchachos

I finally got my ship together and Ima headen off tomorrow morning....Alaska here I be a comin'

Anybody on the road hit me up and maybe get a cup-a-joe somewheres along the way - I'll be on Hwy 37 from Prince George upward.....Seriously though looking forward to some beautiful scenes in Northern BC and Alaska.

Enjoy & Stay in touch,
:wave
Sail n Ride

Back