• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What goes where?

motodan

I've got to quit detailing this '08 RT, I keep running into questions.

Hope these pixs come out right. Was detailing left side and pulled hose off injector nipple...the nipple one ya sync from (if that sounds dirty - sorry). Now I have three hose lines hanging there. Darn it I can't remember which was on the nipple when I pulled plastic...can anyone help with these pixs? So what is what? Two dangle down as drains and one came off the nipple - which one? I placed them all out and then routed what I think may be correct? Pixs came out sideways....something else I need to learn.

Sorry pixs go 90 degree to right. One I have going to nipple (second picture) is coming from behind airbox...runs acroos the top of box and down its corner, then I hooked over to injector...that right?

Attachments

• IMG_3678.jpg
    IMG_3678.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3679.jpg
    IMG_3679.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 147
Helping myself I guess...appears one hose is fuel tank vent. I see no battery overflow hose. So are other two hoses from emission canister...if so ones a vent hose and other goes to injector nipple? And assuming further the hose to injector can be left off if it and injector nipple are plugged? Or just plug injector and let hose hang opened? Or????

Now you've done it:laugh

The hoses should have a lot of memory by now and pretty much lay correctly. Hard for me in pictures and the Iphone madness of sideways pics is a pain.

You could swirt some aerosol spray like wd40 down the tank ring overflow to verify that line. Push/pulling the lines to the charcoal canister may help as well...are the two drain lines dirty on the street ends?

Helping myself I guess...appears one hose is fuel tank vent. I see no battery overflow hose. So are other two hoses from emission canister...if so ones a vent hose and other goes to injector nipple? And assuming further the hose to injector can be left off if it and injector nipple are plugged? Or just plug injector and let hose hang opened? Or????

You seem to be close, you can plug the nipples and the open hoses will not hurt anything....a lot of bikes w/ out the canister...but you know someone will scold you iffin' you do:whistle

the tank has two hoses...one from the fuel pump flange, the other is the filler ring drain

You seem to be close, you can plug the nipples and the open hoses will not hurt anything....a lot of bikes w/ out the canister...but you know someone will scold you iffin' you do:whistle

Thanks Steve. I had aleady cleaned the two "vent" hose ends, that's what's making this difficult. I'm thinking the one I put on nipple is correct as it is coming from middle right side under tank slids along top of airbox from back to left side and drops down. Guess I'll have to take the other side panels off - again to check for sure.

You may be able to reach the hose on the fuel pump flange and give it a squirt without removing tupperware.
It's the vent that dribbles when someone overfills the tank on a hot day and parks on sidestand...not that I would know.

Again appreciate your time Steve. Got the wife in garage to help. Fuel flang was the easy one...had to fish around some for top of canister hose, but now have it attached to injector. I need brighter bulbs in my garage or my 20 year old eyes back. :)

Wish I'd seen this thread an hour ago when I was checking my throttle sync, but I have it all buttoned up now. Anyway, the bottom picture looks correct. Though I did not trace it all the way back, my hose was going in the same general direction from the vacuum port. The other two hoses look to be a smaller diameter, and may be too short to reach?

The AGM battery that came with the bike does not have a vent hose.

Back