Thread: R100RS 40th anniversary rally, Harleysville PA

R100RS 40th anniversary rally, Harleysville PA

There's probably a series of stories and posts on the 40th R100RS rally held at Todd Trumbore's property last September but I haven't found it... admittedly I haven't looked too hard either. But I thought I might post a few pictures here just to show everyone some of the look of the event. There were plenty of great RS's, other great bikes, distinguished guests (Hans Muth for one), good food, and some great memorabilia for purchase. Todd did a great job of hosting and Laura was a gem (among others). I think they had some great volunteers helping out and I'm sorry I don't know their names or I would have posted them here. Much can be said of the event but Todd left no doubt that he put his heart and soul into it. And it showed. If anyone else would like to post thoughts or pictures here or perhaps steer me to the right place to move this thread, that would be great! In the mean time, I'll post a few pictures. The top picture includes Herr Muth along with Todd, speaking, and serial number 6180001, the first R100RS imported into the states. Wow,... just WOW!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current rides: '76 R90S, '78 R100RS Motorsport, 07 Kawasaki ZX-14... and '65 427SC Shelby Cobra... does not play well with the two wheelers

... A few more pictures
    Current rides: '76 R90S, '78 R100RS Motorsport, 07 Kawasaki ZX-14... and '65 427SC Shelby Cobra... does not play well with the two wheelers

... just a few more (with plenty waiting in the wings), Udo Gietl was there, and I got a chance to get an autograph and a hand shake from the master himself, Herr Muth.

Brook Reams covered his rebuild of a '77 RS and documented the trip to the rally; the trip starts with this post:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...=1#post1104565

although for some reason his second link isn't working right now.

Also starting on Page 62 in the January 2018 ON is his article about the trip and meeting the gurus at the rally.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Brook Reams covered his rebuild of a '77 RS and documented the trip to the rally; the trip starts with this post:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...=1#post1104565

although for some reason his second link isn't working right now.

Also starting on Page 62 in the January 2018 ON is his article about the trip and meeting the gurus at the rally.
    I appreciate that and I have read his three part series on the restoration and trip. I just didn't see anything on the forum especially any pictures... so I thought I'd start a thread and maybe get a couple other folks who were there to chime in with their thoughts and maybe a few pictures to boot. BTW, most of us at the event got the chance to sample a private collection of cars and bikes that were pretty amazing. Here's a couple of those photos too...

Did you get Hans to sign your bike?

I live one town over from Harleysville but my RS and I could not make the event. I was very sorry to miss it, especially seeing photos from the weekend.

Thanks for posting these.
    Terence
    Current rides R75/5 R100RS R1150RT
    Past rides K100RS R1100S
    My Smugmug

This was a pretty well organized event (took a lot of work on Todd Trumbore's part). I am glad that I was able to go. Photos below show staging the bikes for the photo, bike group photo, Hans Muth signing my bike (top of rear fender under the seat).

Link to past thread from last September:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...arleysville-PA
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by terham View Post
    Did you get Hans to sign your bike?

I live one town over from Harleysville but my RS and I could not make the event. I was very sorry to miss it, especially seeing photos from the weekend.

Thanks for posting these.
    You are most welcome. I got Hanz Muth's signature on both the R100RS at Todd's event and I got his signature on the R90S back in 2014 at the Buckingham event. .....And we are ALL (bikes and me) waiting impatiently for Spring!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Link to past thread from last September:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...arleysville-PA

That's some great photography right there! Sorry to have started a new thread. I don't know if you want to move this over to there but feel free. Again, I apologize for not continuing on to what was already started.

Here's a couple more from my basement. I had some of the posters that I got signed from both events mounted in frames. Please excuse the messy area. It's my little corner of the basement.